1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows Anime Discussion

Discussion in 'General' started by WILD9, 5 Jul 2004.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

You have to have played the games though, otherwise itll make no sence apparently. The trailer looked immense though, best-cg-ev-er.

2. apollyon

apollyon What's a Dremel?

My anime reccomendations really depend on what sort of anime your into, i for example love vampire shtuff, so
    series=Hellsing :rock:
    movies=vampire hunter D and vampire hunter D: Bloodlust :rock:

but trigun of course is an anime requirement, bindi's right, watch the subs. Yu Yu Hakusho, while old, is very good. I'm also huge into Naruto and One Piece, though neither is available as of yet for american distro, have to download fansubs. Also just started in on gungrave, so far it's been very good, but it's by the creator of trigun, so that's to be expected.

on a sidenote: i recently bought the first dvd of a series entitled technolyze, solely because it was made by the same people as hellsing and i heard good things. After watching all the eps. on the first dvd, i have no idea what the hell is going on. Anyone else seen this, and is it worth continuing deeper into the series?

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Texhnolyze is an incredibly complicated series to work out what is going on before episode 12. Only then did everything begin to fall into place. The main character doesnt even speak before then LOL.

Its only in the 2nd half of the series the real beauty comes into play. I really didnt like it at first (the OST is great btw - the full op of Guardian Angel by those guy who did the matrix themes is amazing), but once you realise what's going on and who people are and why everyone is they are (takes a while - im gonna have to re-watch it) its very good. Very adult too (as youve probably seen from the first episode) - no crap, shows you everything, which is great.

Shall i get the favourite anime thread closed? or merge it with this one? Or shall we carry on the non-NGE convo anyway?

Gungrave was just released in the states on DVD too.

4. WILD9

WILD9 Been here aaaaages

Whatever you think will keep the chatter going bindi im just getting back into anime and all this is wettign my appetite :) Maybe merge them both into a new thread called anime discussion or something. Shame we cant have an Anime sub forum in Music Films and TV.

5. WILD9

WILD9 Been here aaaaages

whoops

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Might do that actually, the fav anime thread is like 20+ pages long already.

Do you wanna just rename the title of this one anime discussion?

Forgot to add: apolloyn - checkout Shingetu Tsihikume (its completely the wrong spelling), the moon vampire princess or the moon princess.. something like that. Basically its a 13 part series that has something loosely todo with vampires and revolves around this kid, his sister and his family history. Very good series, out on DVD oct/nov.

Last edited by a moderator: 9 Jul 2004
  7. WILD9

WILD9 Been here aaaaages

Ok ive renamed this one, guess theres no point merging the other its just 20 pages to trawl through before the new posts.

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Na, Will (cheers bud) closed the other one so this is our place to hang our hats now. :thumb:

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Thought id share a recent purchase (just got home to unpack it today)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:) ROD the TV - in a book style box, w/ original japanese DVD covers inside
    :thumb: tis superb.

10. WILD9

WILD9 Been here aaaaages

nice looking set, whats Read or Die about then? as with most anime the name doesnt give alot away.

11. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Get the OVA first, if you like that watch the series. Im not gonna tell ya cause itll spoil it. Highly recommended & worth watching!

12. Aa-chan

Aa-chan AA-CHAN

I totally agree with that :D .

I have two favourites:
    - Initial D [4th Stage roXorz]
    - Naruto

Both are worth watching :thumb: .

You should do some scans of those images, they're great :blush: .

13. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Pff noo, go buy it :p

Cant stand initial D, and Naruto im getting bored with but am gonna stick with it.

14. Tau

Tau Sharingan!

My $1 DVD box set of Trigun finally arrived all the way from Hong Kong... I've flicked through it and its not tv rips. I don't think its the best copy in the world, but for the price its pretty amazing. It does seem to have a Dolby Digital soundtrack, and english/chinese subs.

Love Ebay :D

15. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Its bootleg - no english dub = bl sorry.

16. WILD9

WILD9 Been here aaaaages

On a different note, i just watched princess mononoke.......wow

17. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

And the rest of studio ghibli?

Just downloaded Madlax off ANBU, and 1-13 of Gilgamesh?! Also, ive started watching bubblegum crisis tokyo 2040 dvds. :thumb:

18. WILD9

WILD9 Been here aaaaages

I was surprised the dub was excelent and normally im not keen on dubs, i watched the emotional bits again in jap with subs and the dub lost nothing guess some of them have to be good. Ive got spirited away ready to watch but il probably leave that till ive worked my way through cowboy bebop and the movie, then ive got rahexephon ready to go and the first 8 episodes of full metal panic.

19. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

After watch fumoffu, the mini-sequal. Co-incidently i just got FMP manga 2-4 today from forbidden planet on my way back from work. Ghibli dubs are generally superbly done. :thumb:

20. WILD9

WILD9 Been here aaaaages

Have you seen Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind? I really like mononoke and so i want some more ghibli stuff to watch after spirited away, this caught my eye as im a bit of an action fan and this looks like the only other ghibli film with a bit of fighting in it.

Tags: