1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows Anime Discussion

Discussion in 'General' started by WILD9, 5 Jul 2004.

1. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Start watching Wellcome to NHK.....wonderfull slice of life type of Anime.

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

More details please

3. atanum141

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Tsk lazy sod. I was wanting an opinion and your interpretation :p

Looks good and Osyumi subs aren't tooooo bad either. Looks like a very loose-pseudo FLCL parody. Or at least, inspired by.

5. atanum141

I wouldnt even be able to describe it, but all i know its fun and quirky....and has characters that us Otaku's can relate too.

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Speak for yourself :p I dont "live anime" I just enjoy the entertainment ;) (hence my naruto rant before)

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

GITS: Solid State Society is out on torrent with working subs. Quality-wise I can't say yet as I haven't watched it. Assume it'll be the same as the first GITS2/FMA movie subs that hit the net: iffy but watchable.

I really really wish they'd release GITS in High Def. I'd so buy that on HDDVD or whatever.

8. atanum141

Been out for a good while on the ED2K network, and yes the quality aint DVD standard but its FAR better than CAM-rips. Subs are not bad.

Its a damn good movie and it has some plesent surprises in it.

Also i think Origa has nailed this one on the head again when it comes to the OP music...brilliant tunes.

9. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Wasn't really ever alive IMO, somthing to fill the time but not fantastic. Havn't watched it for quite a few episodes but I have em all for when I get round to watching it.

Finally got round to watching Ghost in the Shell the other day, while really cool, I think it's another one of those films like Akira where you really need to have read the manga to understand it properly. I'm about halfway though SAC now and really enjoying it.

Anyone still watching Bleach? Any idea when the fillers are over? While not horrible like the early Naruto fillers, I just found it too slow and drawn out and have given up watching. The monotomy of the bounto fights really got to me.

10. atanum141

I completely dropped Blood+ after the first 10Ep's, boring shite.....waste of disk space.
    You have no idea how deep the series gets, jesus everytime i try and watch either the films or the series i believe its making me stupider.....Solid State Society is class tho.
    Nope, ive given up on bleach and so should everyone as the storyline has nothing todo wit the real story. anyways I believe the fillers will last minimum 1year, just take a look at Naruto its over a year and a half but there have been many strong rumors about the fillers ending but it still hasent, tho naruto is far enough now,

Sad note is that i think we have lost a secondary character in Naruto...quite sad. Also Bleach manga is going on strong and we have some interesting WTF moments and some proper class fights.

TBH im mostly watching the second series of Black Lagoon which is proper mental and very blokish, reminds me of a Jerry Brukheimer movie every episode. Also Welcome to the NHK is doing well, I donno what happened to Ergo Proxy but im gonna finish it.

I started a series called Pumpkin Scissors and its seems to be pretty cool, nothing special tho. Also i was sad to see the Ouran host club to finish but i hear there is a second series, Also has anyone started to watch Death Note? its prob the "must have" series out there now. Other than that there isnt miuch that floating my boat, i may get some old series that ive never watched, im also still waithing for some OVA's to finish like the excelent 6part "Karas" and the new Helsing Ultimate.

Anyways, heres a link to the Solid State Society Songs and Subs. Link

11. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

You talking about Asuma's death in the manga, not read the manga myself but a friend of mine said he was in some deep ****

EDIT: Bah how'dya get spoiler tags working?
    EDIT: Nevermind

Not got round to watching the second series of Black Lagoon, I really enjoyed the first one so I'm deffinitely watching the second. Really annoying about SHS taking thier time with Ergo Proxy, thought the episodes they've subbed so far are awesome and I can't wait till they start releasing it again, I think one of thier timers left so they need a new one before work can continue.

Cheers for that link.

Been reading the Akira manga too, which arrived recently from amazon, finished the first volume and I think it's worth every penny I paid if the rest of it is as good.

12. atanum141

Yeah ur mate was right, tho it dose sorta spoil it for ya, tho luckly he didnt mention how he dies or who he ws fighting. :D

HOLY **** JESUS CHRIST!!!! i just watched Ep15 of Black Lagoon, and its the final part since the start of the new series, ive never seen what the hell went on, i knew the last two episodes were pretty heavy interms of violence and of a sadistic nautre but this current episode takes the damn biscuit.

Ive never seen anyones forearm get blown off from a sniper in any series....and oh boy did it look painfull, but not only that this episode went beyond and taunted and tourtued the enemy.

All i gotta say is WOW...get it now.

13. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Ata: Origa op music = hell ****ing yes!! Ive got to make special time for this movie I think. If you spot the OST give us a shout, please :)

Veles: Blood+ died on its ass at the end as well. Bah, I watched just because it was production IG in the end.

The last few episodes of Bleach are pretty damn good, although, I do agree it has got monotonous with noone learning new skills.

Trying to keep up with GITS is the hardest thing I've ever had to do. Dub makes it a whole lot easier to cut a whole extra sense in and divert my concentration elsewhere. The manga is a complete mind ****, the first book is reasonably all right consideirng the first movie is loosely based on it but the second book is just up there with the space aliens and some level beyond. Every page you're referring to the back to get hints on WTF is actually happening in the subtext. Having said that, I can't get enough of it and my ultimate goal is to write something on the calibre of GITS' sci-fi socio-political.

Im waiting for ergo proxy to finish before I watch it. Shinsen seem to release in bulk or drop it all-together like they did with xxxhoilc :/ Black Lagoon is great grab it by the balls anime, love it to bits although I wish it was a bit more over the edge with some boundaries. I'll have to find the manga somewhere.

Le Chevalier D-Eon?? 1080p goodness?? It's meant to be good although I havent watched it yet.

I still enjoy Naruto despite the fillers. It's still 20 minutes of mindless entertainment that desensitises you to crap so when it does pick up again I'll be reaching for the tissues.

The Akira manga is WELL worth the money. The story is INTENSE. I just finished book 5 and I left 6 at home stupidly.

Lucky I cant for the life of me remember who Asuma is?!

BL 15 is on torrent and I will download it tomorrow in work.

14. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Yeah I've stuck with the fillers for Naruto, they've been pretty bad all the way through, with the occasional arc that looks promising but ends up being awful (the Raiga arc for example had a really good first epidose intro scene but got worse from there). The latest have been pretty good though. I actually prefer watching the worst naruto fillers to the bleach fillers as at least I'm experiencing some emotion (although usually a negative one :p) instead of just sitting there bored. A while ago I just opened up a random canon episode and watched it through, it just reminded me of how great Naruto can be.

Oh and if you want to know
    Asuma is the Jonin in charge of Shikamaru's team, I think he's like the son of the third or something and he's also one of my favourite Jonin, shame the story hasn't had him in it much so far (in terms of the Anime)
    . I was gonna say favourite Jonin untill I remembered how awesome Gai is.

EDIT: One good thing I can say that came out of Blood+ is that I knew an answer to a QI question because of it :p

15. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

What question? (out of interest).

Gai frikkin rules. In the GC games he's a quality character.

I think it's a "I'll see him and know" moment. Is he the one that smokes? Big brow? Looks distastefully at Chouji when he's eating too much BBQ?

16. atanum141

Yes, the one that smokes like crazy.

TBH i was expecting more from him but he didnt quite deliver even upto his reputation as sandime's son.

Also bindi have you started watching Black Lagoon from the start of the new series or are you thinking that the new series starts from Ep15? actaully it starts from Ep13.

17. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

No, ive watched ep 13 and 14.

I have to say the series hasn't made him live up to being the 3rds son as well.

What's Death Note like? (Like I have have time to watch MORE series!)

Continuing my "download almost everything Shinsen produce" theme Ive grabbed their two new series as well :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: 24 Oct 2006
  18. PQuiff

PQuiff What's a Dremel?

Could never get into GITS.....far to cerebral for me......trying to watch the animation, read teh subs and keep whats going on in my head ..WHOOAAAA..

Watching Black Lagoon Series 2 - This is great....watch it.....

Death notes on Ep 3 - Ive read teh manga and its quite intense...very GITS...im glad i have cause teh anime goes at a fair speed and its tough keeping up...Defo worth a watch though

Finnished Series
    Watched the end of Erog Proxy....Was well impressed with the series. Endings set right up for another series(hope they do)

Mushishi - After a few probs with C&D letters C1 anime stopped subbing with one episode left.....Luckly some group(C&D) surprising enough subbed the last ep....Well worth a watch peeps.

Eureka 7 - Its a long series this...that has a lot of slow bits in it,,,but these are made up for with teh great character interaction ....and smooth mech action...worth poping over to nanashi's site for a DDL.

19. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

They asked the question, what is a chirotopian or however you spell it.

No one managed to get it so I was rather smug.

20. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

What IS one exactly? A man that changes into beast? Chi-row-tow-pee-an?

SOME Group finished Mushi-Shi? ANBU (and Aone)was one of the most popular sub groups back in the days of the first 4 series of Naruto. C1 anime aren't a fantastic group of subbers that's for sure, I replaced all my C1s with ANBUs before I DVDRd them.

Tags: