1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows Anime Discussion

Discussion in 'General' started by WILD9, 5 Jul 2004.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Watched 36-51 of FMA yesterday and OMFG. Best-series-ever!

There's way way too many new series out im loosing track of what im getting. Anyhow: DearS, Madlax, Tenjou Tenge and Bakuretsu Tenshi have all finished, but stuff like Beck (absoultely quality first episode!), Gunbuster 2, Final Approach and a few others i forgotten are out now.

2. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

Yukikaze, buy it now! :thumb:

3. Bentos

Bentos What's a Dremel?

watched the last ep of DearS (ep12), predictable tbh.
    i wasnt all that impressed with the series as a whole, pretty much a chobits rip, but without the coolness and with not-so-funny comedy.

To counteract the girly romance comedies ive been inflicting upon myself, i decided to start re-watching Gundam Wing. Am watching it in japanese this time round, as i first saw it on cartoon network in a cut and dubbed version.

also, i want more champloo! and some manga based naruto anime, fed up with fillers, get to the good bits!

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Chobits was about as funny as a dead rabbit. And about as repetative as 100 dead rabbits, every episode was the same stuff. Yea DearS had a predictable ending but it was far funnier.

5. Conrad

Conrad What's a Dremel?

I've started watching Paranoia Agent, noly a few episodes in just now but it is pretty good. The animation is very good and each ep features a different character and story to the last, it really tries its best to mess you up during the ep as well, quite good :)

Got most of FMA but havent watched any of it yet, might have to start it once i've finished this and Alias season3, i know not anime but so good :D

6. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

I am really enjoying samurai champloo .... downloaded it after I saw you guys talking about it.

7. WILD9

WILD9 Been here aaaaages

Damnit where do you all find the time to watch all this, im still only halfway through Bakuretsu tenchi and im aiming to watch GITS SAC 1 and 2 , Naruto FMA, Rahexephon and now champloo because the thought of another anime from the creator of bebop is pretty exciting. Guess i need to drop some hobbies, at this rate il still be watching this lot in a years time.

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I spend the summer doing it. Between writing for here and uni i have no time now :(

9. Bentos

Bentos What's a Dremel?

anyone checked out Bleach yet ?

have got the first 2 eps, so will watch them tomorrow.

and as for finding time for anime, its easy to follow series as theyre are released as oppoesed to watching a whole series in one go. just treat each new ep of the anime series as just another tv show.

oh, naruto 104 by A-H is out

10. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Im getting Bleach along with a dozen other new shows :eeek: but it looks good and will more than likely be lisenced before the end of the series cause both Lunar and ANBU-Akeep are subbing.

11. apollyon

apollyon What's a Dremel?

I grabbed 1-31 of the ANBU subs of FMA, but since it's licensed there no longer distributing anymore, and i can't seem to find further episodes anywhere? Purty Purty Purty please someone point me towards them, i've watched all 31 eps in like the last week and a half and need more dammit!!!!

12. Bentos

Bentos What's a Dremel?

they should be all on this site...

linkie

hope this helps, its an awesome series.

13. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Try looking for Spoon or Nanashi.

14. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Last Episode of Macross Zero out and its uber good :thumb: sad but also nice. Good fight scenes and CG too. I kinda like the music n all, goes very well.

15. ST8

ST8 What's a Dremel?

just grabbed the last macross zero, been saving this till it was complete, shall look forward to watchin it ;D

16. apollyon

apollyon What's a Dremel?

Just finished fullmetal alchemist, damn good series, ended on a bit of a downer, and they need to get that damn movie out now!! Have to say though that the ANBU and Spoon rips were much nicer then the nanashi, the nanashi were by no means bad but the quality of the video wasn't as good. And is it Ishbal or Ishvar? Now i gotta find myself a new series to start downloading :D (of course i do still have gungrave and scryed complete series on my hdd, and i haven't watched either yet... hrmm... there's my next 52 episodes to watch right there)

17. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Oh-Hell-Yea!

Just found something ive been looking for for over a year! :D :rock:

Remember Eva, episode 26, the alternative universe sequence? Well, on seeing this myself and friends decided it would have made a good series in its own right after the, somewhat anticlimatic and downer of a series finalie. Well guess what i found:
    http://www.adtrw.org/loveeva.php

Dunno what its like, yet :)

EDIT: HAHAHA! Best opening sequence EV-ER. "So it was just a dream, huh?" lmao this is gonna be great or incredibly crap.

On another note - been watching Tsukuyomi Moon Phase about a vampire girl and a paranormal publishing team, which is entertaining. The ogm/mkv subs are a welcome change once you get them working properly.

18. WILD9

WILD9 Been here aaaaages

Finally finished Bakuretsu Tenchi. Big dum soulless fun really, I couldnt build any connection with the characters and the plot went just about nowhere but a few of the fight sequences were good and Jo was pretty cool. Ive now started on last exile, up to ep 6 and ive never been so captivated by a series, absolutely incredible.

19. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Yea, the ending to burst angel is disappointingly weak, which is a shame because the characters had great potential but they overdid it on copious fan-service and a pointless ending.
    On the contray, last exile will draw you in until the end and still leave you wanting more.

20. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

2 things for Musami Shirow fans:

1) The Appleseed 2004 OST is SUPERB. CD2 has great ambience and CD1 has some superb tracks from people like Paul Oakenfold and the Boom Boom Satellites.

2) A date for your calenders: 28/12/04

Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence movie is coming to R1 DVD: http://www.dvdpacific.com/Item.asp?ID=630018, although no english dub by the looks so i may hold off.

Tags: