1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows Anime Discussion

Discussion in 'General' started by WILD9, 5 Jul 2004.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

The fonts are subject to what DVD player you have because its soft-subbed not hardsubbed. Also, if you watch it on the TV itll be interlaced too which makes it even harder to read.
    Its a shame DVD companies dont put in the extra info like fansub groups do, it helps soo soo much with the storyline.

2. JADS

JADS Et arma et verba vulnerant

Well I'm watching it on my PC so it shouldn't be interlaced ;) Couldn't find any options in PowerDVD to change the font/colour of the subtitles, seemed to suggest it was a bitmap that was overlayed.

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Ah, then its down to the super-special software rendering of powerdvd. I assumed DVD player meant TV :duh:

4. fantastic dan

fantastic dan Member

I know exactly what you mean JADS, its also even worse when the dubbing is so bad that you cant watch anything bar the subbed version.

5. woodshop

woodshop UnSeenly

Yea Christmas!!!!
    [​IMG]

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Never heard of it :S looks like a classic though.

7. fantastic dan

fantastic dan Member

I like the oavs, and yeah it is reasonably old, its probably got over 10 years under its belt.

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

PlanetES has left me with a lovely warm fuzzy feeling inside :D Superb series and a must watch ;) More of a struggle with life on a microscale, and politics on a macroscale. Very real, yet 70 years in the future.

9. WaZzUp115

WaZzUp115 New Member

10. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Yeah PlanetES was such a surprise and also ive benn watchin fullmetal alchemist again and im lovin it even more the first time round. some animes get better after a long period away from them.

11. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

That's why im waiting for it to come out on DVD on my birthday :D:D Just long enough that i cant remember the beginning too well and by the time it all comes out itll be like watching it again.

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

FTI: DO NOT buy the GITS 2 Innocence DVD - there is NO english dub nor a proper english sub. The only english sub track on it is for the hard of hearing and does not contain a proper translation of most of it.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=5961

13. WILD9

WILD9 Been here aaaaages

So the only option is to find a decent fansub? any recomendations?

14. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Not found one yet. The only one ive got is a "meh" quality; you kind of get the jist and i can understand some phrases already so it helped.

15. WILD9

WILD9 Been here aaaaages

Think il wait for the dvd and see if its as bad as people say then.

16. fantastic dan

fantastic dan Member

I bought the DVD, personnally i don't think the film is that great. It kind of suffers from X the Movie syndrome. It tries to be good by adding in lots of aspects but in the end it just can't fit them all in. It would have suited being a TV seiries better. Just like X the Movie did.

17. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

They do do GITS TV series, but its not of the movie. I know what you mean but the cost todo a TV series like that, or an OVA would be astronomical.

18. WILD9

WILD9 Been here aaaaages

How did you find the subs on the DVD? The fansubs seem to be a translation of the cantonese subs of the Japanese audio track so im not surprised their not any good.

19. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Out of interest: What is everyone watching (fansub wise) atm?

20. ST8

ST8 New Member

Sod all atm tbh, currently downloading:
    Monster
    Bleach
    Naruto
    Samurai Champloo (kicked off again on the 22nd, af-f fansubs should be out soon :>)

Only watching naruto / champloo

Tags: