1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Anno 2070

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Gunsmith, 19 Nov 2011.

1. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

there is bloom there but its just the sunlight reflecting at certain angles (which I like)

2. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Was doing one of the single missions where you have to get 2,500 eco exec's i got to about 2,450 but couldnt advance any more housing on my island.

Had a few times where the population would strike and services would stop resulting in de population and negative income for a while.

The game is very challenging to balance towards the end, as its getting the right amount of production to satisfy the population.

EVE is pretty funny when you play so many hours straight, partiucarly after 6 hours i think it was im worried for your health.

3. Whindog

Whindog What's a Dremel?

Playing this some more almost finished campaign and my god it is good.

Love the interaction with techs. Allows for so many diff paths depending on what you want.

First 2 chapters of campaign were pretty dull, but the real grunt comes in chapter 3.

However I noticed last night iv yet to touch any level 4 products yet........eeeeekkkkkk, theres even more to take care of.......looking forward to getting my teeth into a epically long continuous scenario.

Havnt touched the land combat yet, but naval battle is far more advanced than 1404.

4. benji2412

benji2412 <insert message here>

Bought this game based on the coverage from Gunsmith, absolutely amazing game. Likely to be a timesink for a good few months I reckon!

+rep for being better than bit-techs review.

5. Bladesingerz

Bladesingerz Minimodder

I realy liked anno 1404 but I think I will wait a while to get this, I already have some great games to play already :) Skyrim, battlefield 3 and SWTOR soon to!

~Bladesingerz

6. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Played one of the nuke missions the other night, is a right pain as the pirates manage to get a fleet of about 20/30 ships which basically kills any fleet and all transports you build.

Only way to complete the mission was to build 2 airprots and the first air attack unit to complete the game.

7. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Just finished Master Builder on 1404. Already started Guild Master, :D

Was a right pain waiting hand and foot on all those patricians and nobles.
    Never did manage to get above 1 ton of wine stored, :D

8. Whindog

Whindog What's a Dremel?

Anyone else getting a bug in the last Campaign mission?

Can seem to load the tech into the ark slots......... -_-

If i stop campaign and just go straight to scenarios am i gonna miss out on any gameplay mechanic introductions?

And is it just me or is there no land battles in 2070? How do you take over an Island without those trusty troops like in 1404?

9. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Couple of friends have it, and they say they can't change many of the settings in continuous, doesn't it have all the options like in 1404? (for number of players, their level of agressiveness etc)

10. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

yes it does, there's a tab at the top which you can click you can change options, cant think where it is off hte top of my head

11. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Its over nine thousaaaaaaaaand etc. :D

[​IMG]

12. Whindog

Whindog What's a Dremel?

So found out last night that...yet again, Ubisoft do a douche move on paying consumers.

Internet was down all last night after a storm.

So was in offline mode. And you cant get any ark upgrades or ark research in offline mode. not only can you not move forward with it or load it. The upgrades in it are lost which was nice losing my 33% eco balance upgrade with a mass strike looming. -_-

Love the game but seriously y do ubisoft **** all over there customers.

13. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

ubi only hold a 30% share in related designs and that was only after acquiring Sunflowers, the previous stakeholder in 2007

in more important news, some patch notes for 1.02 have been released (which is due some time next week i hear)

Last edited: 12 Dec 2011
  14. Whindog

Whindog What's a Dremel?

Im shocked the game can even run on a 2000 or 3000 series.

Now more sinking trenchcoat :(

15. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Managed to get this now :D It's not running too well on my PC, the water doesn't work very well (I can't see rivers unless I'm zoomed right in).

I also have a problem that it randomly starts running like crap and is incredibly difficult to play unless I'm zoomed right in. To fix it I have to restart the game.

I didn't really have any problems running 1404 and that game doesn't seem too much worse graphics wise than 2070, and I'm playing 2070 on lowest (while 1404 was on the higher settings.

I also think the campaign is a bit crap compared to 1404. With 1404 after the campaign was done (which was very long), I felt like I had a good grasp of what I was doing for continuous games. With 2070 I'm near the end but I still have little idea of what to do above the most basic things. Like the techs, I know how to build them and stuff, but in a continuous game, how to I actually GET them?

16. loftie

loftie Multimodder

17. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Oh wow that is tempting.

Edit:
    Won't let me buy, the button so I can proceed after entering my address etc doesn't work for me :(

18. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Getting this over the weekend. It would be nice to play a game that doesn't crash every hour :p

Anno 2070 Doesn't crash every hour, right? RIGHT?!?

19. loftie

loftie Multimodder

It wouldn't work for me the first time either, i think opera wasn't playing nice with the site, switched to chrome and it worked.... when i eventually entered my card number correctly.

20. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Anno 2070 does not have any crash issues, only problems ive experinced are missions not completing in the single player campaign.