1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics another LCD question (no, not a laptop)

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Zogthetroll, 26 Jun 2004.

1. Zogthetroll

Zogthetroll What's a Dremel?

I just pulled apart an old brother wordprocessor today and got an lcd out of it. supposedly 80x4, but it looks like a graphical lcd really. this would be really sweet if I could manage to integrate this into the side of my pc or something. its got a display area of around 9.25"x0.8". anyway, before anyone says anything, I used google and couldn't find jack that was useful. it has seven OKI M5299A ic's on the back of it, (i can get pictures if that would help) are these the controller chips or does it need a seperate board, such that i'm screwed? its got a 12 pin hookup on it as well as a contrast controll on it. the only number on the circuit board was HK33394v. anyone have any ideas or a pinout diagram? help. thanks a lot guys.

2. nohope4me

nohope4me What's a Dremel?

The 12-pin connector could be some sort of parrallel connection?

3. Zogthetroll

Zogthetroll What's a Dremel?

that's what i'm hoping, but it would be nice to know the pinout. i think the next step would be to stick it back into the machine and use my trusty voltmeter to find out the basic wires, like power, so i don't short anything screwing around.

4. coorz

coorz Miffed

Those OKI's are the column drivers, post a pic of the backside. Any other IC's with type on it?