1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Another Mystique

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Koradhil, 10 Jun 2008.

1. Koradhil

Koradhil What's a Dremel?

Just recently, I received a Mystique 361S (steel, black) from Cooler Master, which I've won in the Reader's Drives competition of CustomPC magazine. My last mod, Protoss, was featured in CustomPC's Juli 2008 edition.
    At first, I had no intention of keeping it, but my previous encounter with a Mystique 361 was a really good one, so I decided to mod it. And so, here's the project log :clap: This should be a relatively quick project as I'm not going to do anything exceptionally hard or special. Colour theme for this mod will be black and metallic grey with blue lighting.

I started off by removing any non-metal parts of the case, as well as the top part and the retention mechanism for extension cards, followed by spraying the inside of the case black.

[​IMG]

The top got hacked up by my scroll saw, a nice hole for two 120mm fans appeared...

[​IMG]

This will be accompanied by an AC Ryan radgrill as such:

[​IMG]

I'm also working on a piece of UV blue acrylic to be sandwiched in between the radgrill and the top of the case.

[​IMG]

In case you were wondering why the acrylic has such a weird shape, with a small bar drawn on it, I'm mounting a slimline slot-in DVD-RW drive next to the regular drivebays.

[​IMG]

The drive is fixed with double-sided tape, and a small L-shaped piece of steel prevents it from moving down when a disc is inserted.

Last edited: 10 Jun 2008
  2. brinkz0r

brinkz0r Minimodder

Nice to finally hear something from you :) Good luck with this one, I already like the idea of the dvd drive.

3. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

I like the idea of a cd toaster.:D
    Congratulations on getting featured.

Tags: