1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Another PC World Fart - Thrustmaster Wheel :)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by LennyRhys, 14 Oct 2011.

1. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Oink!

No force feedback either, but again the price is very much justified. A Logitech wheel with force feedback and gear shifter is at least double the price. Indeed even the next model up in the thrustmaster range (F430) is twice the price too, and still no shifter! (but force feedback at least).

TBH even if this did have a shifter I'd probably still use the paddles.

2. Deders

Deders Modder

Yeah yeah yeah, but did you get a pic of the dissapointed sales rep?

3. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Oink!

I'm afraid not, but here is a picture of her I made in MS Paint, a la David Thorne:

[​IMG]

4. rowin4kicks

rowin4kicks a man walked into a bar ...

Me and my mate went to get him an XBox 360 when the new elite just came out. A new guy was putting out the bundle promos and accidnetly put out the airport prices. We walked out with the biggest bundle they had all for a 17.5% discount, manager was not happy!

5. Bungletron

Bungletron Minimodder

With every post in this thread you confirm yourself more and more as some kind of genius legend. genius.

LennyRhys likes this.
  6. MightyBenihana

MightyBenihana Do or do not, there is no try

There is a big misconception by consumers that a shop has to sell an item at the price advertised. This is not true as the price is only an invitation to offer. There are laws relating to this matter within the law of tort but none that force a shop to sell a product at all, let alone at a certain price, advertised or not. Also the law allows for human error and it would appear that the store has not attempt to mislead.

It always makes me laugh when people believe that it is the law for a shop to sell at an advertised price and argue it as if it is a fact.

In fact the only thing funnier is when a store doesn't even know the law relating to their business!!!

Therefore I will end this with a well deserved well done!

Landy_Ed likes this.
  7. Mason7773

Mason7773 What's a Dremel?

Haha, nice little stand there!

8. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

£40 for a wheel with no force feedback seems expensive to me. I had a logitech formula force gp which cost me that from a dixons or currys. And I've just got a MS sidewinder force feedback wheel (usb) for £8.50 on ebay, and contrary to what the internet says does work on Windows 7 with force feedback.

9. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Oink!

Yes, but there is the principle that "the customer is always right." The law has no part to play in that principle, but abiding by that principle is why businesses have customers, and they will probably get no customers if they don't sell their goods at the advertised prices.

When I said "I knew they would have to sell it for £39" I meant that they would have to sell it for that, or not at all, because I wouldn't have paid £49 for it!

:D

10. Bungletron

Bungletron Minimodder

In fact he looks like some kind of PC World Braveheart.