1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

another person needing college/uni help!

Discussion in 'General' started by Da_BaCoN, 17 Mar 2005.

1. Da_BaCoN

Da_BaCoN Minimodder

Well, I'm almost done with my first year of college (or uni if you prefer ;) ) and i haven't had much success. i was a computer science major, but i've decided that i just don't like it - too much math involved and other things. but i still want to do something with computers. i'm thinking:
    -website design
    -graphics design
    -networking
    -film (something with special effects or similar things)

but the problem is, i'm not sure what all is entailed with each of these, what major each is under, what jobs are available for each, etc. anybody have any experience with any of these? any other possible suggestions for majors? i'm just having a tough time - not only did i greatly dislike computer science, i also hate my school - i'll be transferring in the fall (not sure where though).

2. bort

bort What's a Dremel?

networking will probably as math heavy or more math heavy than computer science

the others will have more emphasis on design (say hello to being an art major)

I tried engineering and found I hated calculus which is why I'm majoring in computer science now

3. bazorama

bazorama What's a Dremel?

thats wrong i do computing networking at college, there was some math in the first year but simple enough and now i dont have any in the last year

4. bort

bort What's a Dremel?

I was talking about the high end stuff... well, I guess I was thinking electrical engineering... they design all of the kit for it

5. SitraAchra

SitraAchra Minimodder

Where do you go ?

6. Joel

Joel What's a Dremel?

What uni you at? I'm doing computer network engineering and there is a LOT of maths, bandwith calculations, throughput god knows what else, then theres all the fibre optic formulae and stuff. I'd say 80% of the modules have maths in them.

Joel