1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Another Resident Evil film a possibility?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 2 Jul 2008.

1. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

Well of course they would make another movie come on they didnt finish it off yet and who wouldnt want to see an army of ass kicking Milas running around thats just HOT.

Hell ya I have been saying that since the game came out, it would be sick to have a movie made of it. I think I would prefer the movie to be around the new version of FEAR thats coming Project Origin, its what FEAR was meant to be. But I still love them. ^_^

2. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

Typically, game-to-movie and book-to-movie translations are disappointing to those who played the game or read the book first. There are execeptions of course: Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, and I'm sure there must be at least one game to movie translation that didn't disappoint most. Having played Dungeon Siege, I just watched "In The Name of the King" and though it didn't really follow the storyline of the game, I still thought the movie was decent. <LordPyrinc ducks the incoming tomatoes thrown in his direction>

I personally never played the Resident Evil games, but I thoroughly enjoyed the first movie... the other two not so much. They were mediocre in my opinion.

3. HourBeforeDawn

See I liked the second Resident Evil movie the most so far

but anyhow I think to answer your question, one game to movie that was good was the first Mortal Kombat movie and the other game to movie that I thought was decent was the DOA: Dead or Alive movie, they picked the best actors to fit the roles perfectly... well they could have picked a cuter Kasumi but thats hard to find someone like here but anyhow I thought that movie was great and well it was just plain hot.

Oh and I liked the Street Fighter movie for just how off the wall funny it was lol

4. Saivert

Saivert Minimodder

re movies are good

Resident Evil movie franchise are good for game-to-movie. It gives us the zombie (or T-Virus infectees) killing action we want, a hot lead character enough plot without making it too convoluted (game plots tend to be a bit far out). If you don't like the movies or one of them there's not much I can do, not that I would do anything about it as I enjoyed all three movies and don't care what other people think of it unlike some zealots.

You don't go watch a movie like this to be intellectually inspired. There are a lot of bad game-to-movie adaptions but that's because they fail at keeping the plot tight, try to be the game which will always fail (A movie can't be a game PERIOD) and have very bad acting which kills all types of movies.

If the game has a lackluster backstory/plot you can't expect the movie version of it to be any better. Resident Evil of course has a good story.

Another game which has been talked a lot (at least on the Steampowered user forums) when it comes to making video game movies (a third name for it heh) is Half-Life. This game has a great rich story with lots of material to use, but there will never be a movie based on it because the developer VALVe will never give the rights for it. There is just NO movie that would do this game justice. Not that it should because a movie is a separate thing, but a bad Half-Life movie (which it definitively would be) would ruin it for the game.

5. HourBeforeDawn

oh man turning Half Life 1-3 into a movie would also be awesome, one movie I am not looking forward to but then again I dont like the game at all is the WoW movie ~_~, oh one movie thats in the works might be interesting and its using a lot of american based actors is the anime/game Dragon Ball Z, they will be making a live action movie of that and the cast they have for it so far seems more then decent.

6. salesman

salesman Minimodder

before I saw avp i loved what Paul anderson has done still like him but i lost some respect for him. but i love event horizon and i think he can do a movie that would creep me out as long as he doesn't sell out too much.

Tags: Add Tags