1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Another Strange XP problem....

Discussion in 'Software' started by Tim S, 15 Nov 2001.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

Check this one out.....

My main rig runs fine, at whatever speed, whether it be 1.54, 1.50, 1.4 (stock speed), or 1.2 (underclocked!!)... apart from when I play sound.... then XP just freezes up :confused:

I dont get this problem in windows 2000 though, and thats my other OS... so I know its not a sound card problem... could it be drivers??? I've got a Creative SB Live! Player card, and Ive got the drivers from windows update.... do you think I should get the drivers from Creatives website, and see if they work any better...

This one is a really intreging thing, and Im normally good at finding what the problem is when something goes wrong.... however this one has got me well and truely tied up... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Any suggestions?? :eek:

Biggie

2. MrBadidea

MrBadidea What's a Dremel?

Hav u any network cards installed?

When I first built my pooter, I had no network cards in, but when I bought one for my network at work, at put it in my main rig, everything was fine untill I had to reinstall, and the drivers for the network card were installed first - then every time windows 'Chinged' it buggerd up (But then again it is windows :S )

3. Tim S

Tim S OG

I've sorted the probs I think, Ive had a heft evening searching Microsofts Knowledge base :rolleyes:

It was to do with the Power Management in BIOS, as apparently windows XP likes to sort its own power management out :D

Cheers

Biggie :cool:

Tags: