1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice Another watercooling question?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by stivalmighty, 21 Oct 2010.

1. stivalmighty

stivalmighty What's a Dremel?

Hey, im looking to buy all my fittings today and im getting them all from scan just need a quick check of a few things, like enough fittings ect...

watercooling parts im using...

Ek block
    2x EK 470 blocks
    Ek rez
    2 Rads
    d5 pump
    TJ07 case

Parts im looking to buy today fittings..

18x Bitspower BP-CPF-CC5 G1/4" Silver Shining Compression Fitting CC5- For ID 1/2" OD3/4" £105
    2x TFC 1445 4x Blister pack of 45-Degree G1/4" Extender Fitting
    £21.60
    2x TFC 1430 Passthrough Connector / Fill-Drain Port (x1)
    £9.38
    2x TFC 1400 Fitting G1/4 - Stopper Plug - 5mm Head (Twin Pack)
    £4.68
    1x TFC Feser 1/4" Variable BSPP Variable SLI VGA 1/2/3 Slot Pack
    £8.21
    Is this enough fittings to complete my whole system?

I was hoping to get the TFC 4x blisterpack 1/2" ID 3/4" OD compression fittings instead of the bitspower ones but noone stocks them ? :(

Im not sure about the TFC passthrough fittings either do you just put them into a bit of sheet metal (drill hole first Ofcourse) then screw a compressionfitting on in each end?, also can this be used on arcrylic ? about 5 mm thing max?

The TFC 4x pack of 45 angles are for the rads in the bottom (2 in each outlet) instead of a 90 D fitting to help flow?

Thanks

2. stivalmighty

3. lysaer

lysaer Suck my unit! Kirk lazarus (2008)

I would use these to link your EK blocks in SLI, I have the TRI setup on my 480's works perfectly

you would need 2 x

http://www.ekwaterblocks.com/shop/blocks/parts-block/fc-connection-parts/ek-fc-link-geforce.html

and 1 x

http://www.ekwaterblocks.com/shop/b...nection-parts/ek-fc-bridge-dual-parallel.html

that bridge is a single slot you can get multi slot ones for different distances depending on your PCIE setup

I also use the Bitspower fittings on all my g1/4 threads and they are amazing i will never ever go back to barbs, for the CPU block in order to use a compression on it I had to get the 45º bitspower compression fittings.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

you can see the compression fitting on their and the 45º ones on the cpu at the top along with the bridge on the 480's

you won't need a fill/drain port if you are using a reservoir, it's pointless.

with regards to figures.

EK Block x 2 most likely 45º ones if you are using compression.

2x EK 470 blocks , if you opt for the bridge and connectors you will only need x 2 compression fittings, one for the in and out of the bridge, if not you will need x 2 compression fittings and x 2 SLI PCIE block adapters.

2 rads x 4 fittings

EK rez x 2 fittings

d5 pump x 2 fittings

are you going to be using a splitter for the 2 rads and components with one reservoir ?

4. stivalmighty

Its all going to be going in one loop.

Whats block adapters?

also is tygon tubing the best to use?

5. lysaer

lysaer Suck my unit! Kirk lazarus (2008)

I used tygon for a while but i started using primochill LRT and find it a lot more resilient to bending or getting flat spots in kinks and it doesn't mist up as much.

adapters like the on you linked earlier or these

http://www.aquatuning.co.uk/index.php/cPath/21_412/filter_by_manu/106

like i said i def prefer the EK SLI bridge

6. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

I use the 'TFC 1445 4x Blister pack of 45-Degree G1/4" Extender Fitting' a lot but I'll point out that the quality of finish isn't up to the same standard as Bitspower fittings. Although the chrome plating is of a high quality it doesn't always hide the machining blemishes that are sometimes present. After saying that you save a fortune compared to the price of the Bitspower version.

I prefer the Primochill LRT tubing too although the Feser white tubing that Scan stock is very good for kink resistance.