1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Antec 1200 Build

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Nofear220, 22 Aug 2010.

1. Nofear220

Nofear220 Duct tape is everyone's BFF

Hey, I'm new to the forums but I figure its in good nature for everyone to see what kind of PC I'm running. I finished this build in August of 2009 so its definitely not as powerful as it was considered to be back then, but I like it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finished Product:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Specs:

-Intel core i7 920 d0
    -Asus p6t Deluxe v2
    -Dual BFG GTX 295's
    -12g OCZ platinum 2000mhz
    -Dual 1 terabyte Western Digital Caviar Black RAID 0
    -Thermalright IFX-14, two 120mm fans
    -Antec TPQ 1000W
    -Antec 1200 Case

Again, Ive had this computer for over a year so its far from new, Im just new to the forums :)

Sorry for the uhh, lack of mods? I'm 17 and fairly good with metal/wood work but I just dont have a workshop or anything to do crazy mods with. You could say Im more just the type of person to make a clean looking build with the parts that you can buy, but with minimal actual modding. I guess I did have to dremel the plastic tab on the side pannel to fit the heat sink, but thats about it. Also, I will be watercooling the cpu and getting sleeved cables, so Ill post an update once Ive got that done.

2. nescafe

nescafe Minimodder

Looking good matey for a clean build.Looking forward to se what you come up with as i too have the antec 1200 but i am not ready to mod it just yet lol:thumb:

3. BiotecVirus

BiotecVirus Everything should use Torx Screws

nice work, and god that cpu heatsink is massive! lol

4. Nofear220

Yeah, I think it will look a lot better when I watercool it. Although I admit I dont like the case now that Ive had it for awhile I should have got the corsair 800D :wallbash:

5. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

What in hells balls cooler is that?!?!? :jaw: Its a PC not a power station! :lol:

I do however really like the design of the fins on it, could fit in nicely with a fire inspired case mod :)

Thanks for sharing your rig :)

6. Nofear220

well, you could consider my pc to be a power station :p

Its actually a thermalright ifx-14 & np!

7. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

Have a look at some of the mods on here that look quite basic, then take a second look at how tidy they are, you'll soon realize that a good clean subtle mod can be as striking as one with all the bells and whistles.

8. wejjy

wejjy Minimodder

Great build dude, what you got planned water wise?

9. Remmes

Remmes Be One With Your Mod

i'd change the position of the fans on the cooler, move the fans forward..

10. Nofear220

I'll most likely work to making sure my new computer (which Im making on the waimea bay socket when it comes out late 2011) will look twice as good because I will be fully watercooling that, and in terms of mods theres not really much I can see doing with the antec 1200. As I mentioned earlier I dont really like the case and should have gotten a different one because theres nothing really to it.

Im going to get a CPU-360 from koolance, as well as an internal 2x120mm rad, and a Drivebay pump/reservoir combo

& remmes, I have tried both position and seem to get better temps with this set up

Tags: