1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Antec Nine Hundred

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 21 Nov 2006.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. Guest-2867

Guest-2867 Guest

Looks like a cheap equivalent to a coolermaster tbh

3. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I like the idea of the key tray thing...but thats about it, all that mesh must bean the insides must get just a little bit dusty after a few weeks of use :p/

4. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

a very good review.

XS said basically the same thing. Id save up and have an 830 if i wanted the best air-cooled case, or for the same price get a P180.

5. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

What a funny looking case :D Lian li all the way

Sam

6. Techno-Dann

Techno-Dann Disgruntled kumquat

I'd rather have screws for my PCI cards than a screwless solution, TBH. I have yet to see a screwless system that holds the cards as securely as the old-fasioned screw does, and is as easy to install. Besides, you can't install these in a case with a screwless system, and they're basically a must-have for me.

(edit: It was a great review of a rather boring case. I love your case reviews, they're some of the best I've seen on the internet.)

Last edited: 21 Nov 2006
  7. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

The pin headers are a good idea, not a bad one - the last two cases I built had compatibility problems with the power and power LED front-panel connectors which woudl have been solved by this.

But jeez, you'd have thought we'd have been able to standardise this particularly basic issue by now, and just have one monolithic connector.

Phil

8. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

A pretty good review, there. However, I'll second Techno-Dann in that I like to lock down any expansion cards with screws. Maybe it's just one of those "old-fashioned" moments, but I prefer the peace of mind in knowing that any expansion cards are locked down nice and tight. Plus, I'm not one to change hardware so often as to get annoying. Once my graphics card is installed it's good for at least a year, so exchanging hardware is not an issue. Now, having to take apart half the case in order to install a graphics card? No thanks.

Nevertheless, it was a good review.

-monkey

9. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

I'm with supermonkey and Techno-Dann on this one - I much prefer the peace of mind offered by threaded bits of metal to the convenience of "flimsy" plastic. Oh, and BTW, that cardkeeper looks amazing.. i think I shall have to sort myself out a few of them. :D
    I like the look of the case, and I think that it could look really nice with a bit of modding. However, I am put off by the small size, drive cage and the lack of removable mobo tray. Overall, I am quite surprised this is an Antec case... I though the produced good cases.

-ed out

10. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

I'm with supermonkey, Techno-Dann and eddtox on this one. screws and thumb screws all the way for me :D

G80, OCZ PC2-9200 FlexXLC..... HOT HOT HOT!!!!!!!

11. zr_ox

zr_ox Whooolapoook

More interesting than the case review is actually the motherboard you installed!

Is that not a 680i from eVGA? When is that being reviewed?

12. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

My last few builds have been in Micro-ATX cases where screws & complex assembly are part of practically every case. I have a test bench to build & test the systems before I put them into a case - once there it's usually about a year before I make hardware changes. I'd actually be interested in a M-ATX version of this case (with a few changes) :dremel:

Seconded (for the hundredth time)
    Fifthed :D
    & Hey, I was about to post that.

13. p3n

p3n What's a Dremel?

hahaha what a shockingly bad design, im well happy with my mirage 62

14. Tim S

Tim S OG

You can read about some of the fun we've been having here: http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=124086

At the moment, it's not stable enough for long enough to run all of the games we test with, we've had it looping 3DMark just fine, but most of our other testing has been nothing more than a headache. I'm waiting for a wonderBIOS right now.

15. Skill3d

Skill3d Minimodder

the case is butt ugly... and it looks like it can be used as a hoovercraft.... =/ this needs dremel...

16. kempez

kempez modding again!

Looks umm interesting

A cut down lower quality stacker to be honest :(

17. RobinBen

RobinBen What's a Dremel?

Too small!

18. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

How do you figure that it can't be watercooled? a PA160 or good quality 'core can be fit under the 200mm fan, as well as a 120.2 on the front panel with a custom honeycomb cover. The pump (a DDC) could easily be bolted to the bottom of the 'core, and the res (swiftech micro, obviously) can be stowed somewhere.

19. Bladestorm

Bladestorm What's a Dremel?

Every time I see an at best very average case like this I get the urge to pimp the eclipse :hehe: at least till Bit-tech eventually review it for themselves :hint hint:

20. CyberSol

CyberSol 1337 Pants

Looks like an oversized tape recorder. :duh:

Tags: Add Tags