1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Antec P182 Nano Evolved

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by SiZZiGY, 12 Oct 2013.

1. SiZZiGY

SiZZiGY Nano Evolution in progress...

Thanks alot Ianovki :) I'll try to make better and better :D

Ok after 1 month without dremel I finally get it back :lol::lol::lol:

Then lets go to finish the face panel !

[​IMG]

Done :D Or almost :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here I did a plate to hide the 3"5 rack

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I tested Coolink Fans and I really like their color under UV light.

[​IMG]

Then for staying funcky I bought invisible UV paint, I hope I can paint some compenents without voiding warently, once the paint is in place, it will be transparent :naughty:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For this mod I bought some old but good keyboards, I will custom 1 or 2 of them to Nano mod :) The first will be a IBM model M and the second if I like it an old Dell with ALPS salmon switches. But before I need to restore em a while...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for watching and see you very soon for next uptades :) With the dremel I will be a lot more effective :hip:

2. hero1

hero1 New Member

Great progress. I am looking forward to the keyboard mod.

3. SiZZiGY

Thanks hero1 :)

So I continue with :dremel: and I start the second door, I open at the bottom for the evacuation of the hot air from water radiator who will be here and for the PSU.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

New grill freshly cut

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I finished in the dark then it's all for today, tomorrow I continue to :dremel: See you soon :rock:

4. SiZZiGY

Hello Guys,

Let's go for the next pics :)

I finished to cut the door and make the grill perfectly match.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will do a "rack" for connectors behind this plate

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At the back door, I will make an hole for showing a part of CPU backplate, maybe I'Ill made a custom one or customise this already I got. I want to do a sort of Iron Man reactor but in Nano theme. Will be probably UV Light and UV paint or just LEDs, need to think about it :lol:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will stop here at the moment and realise contour traces for the second panel, I will continue when ready to cut.

Then I will finish today with the transfromation of radiator support from 360 to 240, I don't bought a 240 one because I had nice deal with the 360, bought him under 4$ and the 240 was at 20$ :/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The space between the Seasonic PSU and a 240 radiator (28cm) will be very small... fortunately the connectors of the PSU are flat and I think it will be a lor easyer ton set up them.

[​IMG]

I return to work, see you later ;)

5. keenan

keenan Member

Insane amount of work.. This looks very cool man!

6. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

I agree. Keep on going with the updates!

7. SiZZiGY

Thanks guys :lol: This is a lot of work but I really hope it will worth it :rolleyes:

So lets go for the last uptade of this year :)

I changed the side of the plexi on this pannel to see it from the window

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will craft many little pannels to hide all parts not nice, like back connectors from the motherboard. Actually they aren't the final version, it's just to give me an idea what to do in the futur.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I thinked to do two diffrent backplate for the graphic cards if possible, if possible beacause I need to save space for the watercooling tubing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I made another corner to hide what I don't want to see. Of course it will not be seen but I really want to get perfect finish :hip:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All screw heads will be well on filed down

[​IMG]

And the hole for the PSU cables, the Seasonic get flat cables I think this space will be enough, if isn't I'll just widen it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this is probably the final cut for the backplate of CPU be seen, I thinked about it very long time and to be honest i'm not fully satisfied, I hope have an good idea next year to make it perfect for me! :D

Horizontal hexagons will be used to show some brands or maybe some generous sponsors, I will add a backlite beetwen the pannels and each sponsor will have its own hexagon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So that's all for this year, I hope to see you in 2014 for the final and I wish you a great New Year's Eve :) I wish for the next year that all modders will achieve more beautiful, more functional and more inventive than each other!

Last edited: 31 Dec 2013
  8. Meelobee

Meelobee New Member

This is getting better and better :) Going to be awesome when finished. Any idea's on the final color yet?

9. SiZZiGY

Thanks Meelobee :)

For the color I have 2 way :

1/ My first wish, black inside, mix of matte and glossy with little corners in green/blue. And the "outside" will be white pearl going probably to the blue or purple, maybe both in same time :D I asked a body painter to make me this unique paint and the mix is possible, I really donno what will be the final of this paint but I really like those pearl paintings.

[​IMG]

2/ Many freinds told me to make it sliver + black matte/glossy +grey + green. I like this Idea but I remeber the Antec P182 in silver and I don't want to be an imitation of this Special Edition case, I really want something unique :) But... why not, if the white pearl isn't as I want, I will proprably go to silver.

If you have any idea to share with me, I am open to any proposal :hip: :hip: :hip:

Edit : I wan't to get a white pearl something like this one, I never seen white pearl with green reflect but it can maybe be good too... Really don't know. I know it is possible but just never seen and don't found some pictures of it at the web to have an idea.

[​IMG]

It is a very hard choice...

Last edited: 31 Dec 2013
  10. SiZZiGY

A little update for saying to all :

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

For this first update in 2014, it will be short because I does many adjustments, not very visible but very long...

Some pics anyway :

[​IMG]

And the door fixed on the case

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The best is coming in this new year, I promise :) See you soon for the next updates!

11. skyrip

skyrip New Member

coming along very nice, the pearl paint will probably be amazing. only danger of it never being done before is that it might have a reason ;)
    maybe if possible ask for a little sample plate.

siliconfanatic likes this.
  12. SiZZiGY

Ahahah you probably right :D I'll ask a sample for being sure, don't want to have a bad surprise...

Last edited: 4 Jan 2014
  13. SiZZiGY

Hello!

Yesterday I did a little shopping :

[​IMG]

I found these cheap nail polish with this glittery green, maybe can be nice :)

[​IMG]

The weather was very bad so impossible to work great because on my balcony I don't have any light, but I found a short cleared through the clouds to modify a little the CPU fan. Why the fan? Because I can work on it in dark usinig some UV paints :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With white "uni POSCA" I surrounded the corner

[​IMG]

Then I used an invisible UV green paint, in real the green is a lot nicer but it's very hard to do good shoots, will work at it for the final shooting.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I really like this paintings, they are very shiny and nice :) I just need to found a way to do "true shoots" looks like reality and isn't easy but I'll found a way to share the more realistics pics possible.

In the future, I'll use many of this Green/Blue (and maybe a very little bit purple) paints to make the mod shine into the dark. When lights will be disabled, the mod will be just at black/white pearl and a little green but not it same place that UV Green paintaing. Do not forgive thoses UV paints are invisible and start to be seen only under blacklight.
    I really want to get "double read" of the mod one without UV lights at the day, and once in the dark let's go for "disco" mod :D :D :D

If someone know how to do nice pics of those UV mods, I'will be very thanksfull for their help :)

Last edited: 5 Jan 2014
  14. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

For nice pictures of uv mods, people usually use external uv sources, and not just the light in the case. A few of my own examples:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Done by having relatively long exposure times, a tripod, and then an external uv source (this can be either a uv bulp, or a simple uv ccfl tube.

Love the way your mod is turning out. Please remember to put as much work into the wirering as you have with the rest, and this will be a pure epic win mod!

15. SiZZiGY

Thanks alot p0Pe :) I'll try as you said, really like the result at your pics :p

And thank you for the encouragement, I'll make sure not to disappoint you!!! I have in mind something that should please you for the cables :)

16. SiZZiGY

Hello guys!

This will be a little diffrent update because for the first time I'll not cut directly aluminium parts because I "don't know" what to do exactly, I am searching final build and all can change.

First I found a cool plexi, under UV light looks blue, perfect for me :)

[​IMG]

I'll hide most of case, that will give me the possibility to hide all cables for the fans and leds.

[​IMG]

I don't want to see graphic cards screws, then here I'll probably do a little "door" to have acces to them and hide them when the door is closed. Or probably do a custom Crossfire bridge who can hide thoses screws.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A little panel will hide PSU cables for the graphic cards, I know now how to do it :) This is not absolutly definitive but that gives you an idea where I'm going.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the crossfire bridge. As I said i'll maybe do it in "angle" to hide graphic cards screws, that will be easyer to make than this "little door".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The orange pannel feels wrong to me, I'll probably make another one, the direction of hexagons is wrong and he is too massive... I think to make something lighter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll continue like this to have something good and then make all this parts in aluminium + plexi, hope it would be nice :naughty:

Last edited: 7 Jan 2014
  17. Meelobee

Meelobee New Member

Agreed on the orange panel, it would probably look better when it's a bit smaller. Which will also open up the space around the gpu's. And for the crossfire bridge, won't 2 hexagons above eachother be enough to cover it ?

The layered side is really shaping up to be something really spectacular! :)

18. SiZZiGY

Thanks Meelobee to confim my feelings :) I'll work on it tomorrow :p

I hope :D If two isn't enough, I would have to change the entire form... :wallbash: After dinner I'll certainly continue to work a little in the dark... want to have a clearer idea of this :)

19. SiZZiGY

Hello!

As I thinked, I added 2 hexagons to the crossfire bridge and I think it will be fine for hide the graphic card screws :) I finished the PSU cable support and I like it :) Will be better with leds and plexiglass at the final version.

[​IMG]

I'll do two custom backplates, will design them when I'll have the waterblock to have an idea to the space needed for tubing.

[​IMG]

For the next step I will made another layer to change the big orange one, I don't know exactly what to do then all help is welcome :D

[​IMG]
    (Cat : If you only think that I'll help you... Crazy Human!!! :rolleyes: I prefer to stay here and look hurt you to found a solution ^^ )

Actualy I didn't found the final build... I like the Model 3 and Model 8 but maybe someone have an idea? Maybe mix some of them... Really don't know, if you found one nicer than others, can you maybe tell me? Thx!!

Model 1
    [​IMG]

Model 2
    [​IMG]

Model 3
    [​IMG]

Model 4
    [​IMG]

Model 5
    [​IMG]

Model 6
    [​IMG]

Model 7
    [​IMG]

Model 8
    [​IMG]

Model 9
    [​IMG]

Model 10
    [​IMG]

And during this work I receive some parts founded at discount prices :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One of the radiator have this on the thread, is this a problem and must I remplace it??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the first waterblock for the GPU, the second will be soon here :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This EK waterblock is very nice :thumb: really like it :)

So see you soon and if someone can tell me about this "oxidation" at the radiator, must I remplace it or just clean it and it's OK?

Thanks!

Last edited: 11 Jan 2014
  20. The_Crapman

The_Crapman Don't phone it's just for fun.

I'd get the radiator replaced. God knows what it's like on the inside, could be clogged up and ruin the temps.

Model 6 is my favourite. Really great work :thumb: