1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Antec Sonata Cooling...

Discussion in 'Modding' started by cool_dude, 24 Nov 2004.

1. cool_dude

cool_dude Minimodder

Hi,

well im converned about airflow in my antec sonata case. at the moment i only have x1 120mm fan in the Exhaust mode. by placing a 120mm fan in front of the hard drive rack (only place for the front of the case) i dont think its going to bring in 'cold' air (as it'll be sucking warm air off hdds)

So im unsure what to do :sigh: I know its built for silence, and im going to let it remain silent using some 14Dba SilentX fans.

People with/without this case help as much as you can, my winchester is screaming for more clock speed :D

Edit; Thought it may go in here? As it may result in modding?? Feel Free 2 move mods :D

Last edited: 24 Nov 2004
  2. infered101

infered101 What's a Dremel?

Best bet is put a side panel fan in blowing air directly onto mobo from side. That is what i do on all my cases. Some will say oh it messed up airflow and doesnt help but my case runs at around(using software to tell so who knows) 25 C at idle and around 28 or so when full.

3. 0013

0013 What's a Dremel?

Or you could remove panel and point a real real real nice fan at it. :)

although i work with the things and i cannot reccomend them for silence

4. ConKbot of Doom

ConKbot of Doom What's a Dremel?

now that would make one heck of a CPU fan :D .

A 120 in the front should help out a lot. I wouldn't worry about the HDDs warming the air that much.

5. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

6. Mimic

Mimic What's a Dremel?

i have a sonita case, i have got 1 120mm fan at both points in the case but i also have water cooling as well so i dont need to worry with it, just keep the fans running low to keep a little airflow in the case, can bearly hear it.

i also swapped the antec power supply for an enermax 450w jobbie with ajustable fan contol so i keep that right down.

i have a wet and will chips 1 meter res mounted outside the house as well so dont have to worry bout fans for that! super cool loop bit concerned wot temps ill get in the summer though!

7. infered101

infered101 What's a Dremel?

Wow i rly thing those big fans would be overkill i mean dead then kill them then dead them kill them again. JUst throw 4 fans in there 2 intakes 2 outatkes i would suggest panflo fans and you have a quiet nice cooling system. I have 2 panflo's running at full all the time and i cant here them.

If you are overclocking or have a hot buring system then maybe you should go with watercooling but me i have an oc'ed 2500 to a 3000 and at full it runs 50 c which isnt bad and idle 36 c yea its a jump but the system isnt overheating.