1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Anthem is getting a reboot after a bad first year

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 12 Feb 2020.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Staff Administrator

Read more

2. monty-pup

monty-pup Member

This is great news. I picked up the game in the bargain bin at Tesco for no more than £10. I heard it was really bad but I thought for a tenner it would be worth a look. It was ok. Nothing to keep me going after a few hours though ... but still a bit of multi player fun for not a lot of cash.

3. The_Crapman

The_Crapman Don't phone it's just for fun.

Seems like they looked at what massive are doing with division 2 (realising they made a massive mistake ( :rollingeyes: ) with the new gear system, heavily revising it along with a new end game progression/achievement system) and thought they could do the same. Only massive have been working on this for a loooong time so don't expect an anthem revival any time soon, or a half assed one if it does come quickly.

4. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I played the demo and enjoyed it, after all the issues getting in to the game.

The game launched and let's be honest it was fun whilst running the missions etc, but after you had finished the campaign there wasn't a lot to do, other than grinding for gear and that wouldn't normally be an issue, I mean I played thousands of hours in Destiny 1, Destiny 2, The Division and The Division 2 all the while looking for that 1 roll of a weapon or armour.

With Anthem though, there just wasn't that "WOW" factor of keep grinding for gear or anything that kept you playing.

All the bugs with massive frame drops, random crashes, audio bugs and stupidly, stupidly long loading times just killed it for me.

After getting my 2080Ti and my WD 1Tb NVME drive, I installed the game and tried it and the performance is still so bad it's not even funny.

80fps at 1440p on a 2080Ti is a joke, not to mention dropping to less than 30fps when in the city area whilst keeping the cpu and gpu pegged at 100%.

The matchmaking as well, well after 10 minutes of trying to launch a mission because stupidly I forgot how to set it to run it solo, I just got fed up and closed the game which in order to do so I had to reboot my pc, because the game wouldn't close :(

The game needs a complete reboot, story, missions, rewards system, experience system, performance, controls, graphics, sound and so much more that it's probably best to fix what they can and then concentrate on making a sequel that doesn't have all those issues and offer some sort of discount on the new game, for those who purchased and didn't refund Anthem in the first week of launch.

Tags: Add Tags