1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Antimatter is mass-produced

Discussion in 'Serious' started by GreatOldOne, 19 Sep 2002.

1. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

[​IMG]

"Physicists have mass produced antimatter, a crucial first step towards precision studies of its properties that may help solve one of the greatest mysteries of the Universe.

Antihydrogen has been made before, but only a handful of atoms at a time.

Now, the Cern particle accelerator in Geneva, Switzerland, has produced more than 50,000"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/2266503.stm

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/generalscience/anti_hydrogen_020918.html

There seems to be some internal grublings over at CERN as to wether they acctually have produced anti-hydrogen, so don't start building matter / antimatter reactor based PSU's just yet...:D

Besides - there may be a problem sourcing the Dilithium crystals....

Last edited: 19 Sep 2002
  2. Moo

Moo What's a Dremel?

Hey Goo,

isn't it dangerous to post a picture of antimatter?, what happens of someone posts a picture of some matter on the same thread?
    :eeek:

3. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

It's dangerous to post spam...

Read the rules!;)

4. eddie_dane

eddie_dane Used to mod pc's now I mod houses

It may be naive but anti-matter scares the **** outta me. I don't think that we are responsible enough as humankind to meddle with it. I have a sinking feeling that the last audible sound to be heard from the earth before it blinks out of existence is going to be "has anyone checked the containment field?" *boink* - now some of the outer planets have a better view of the sun...

but until then.....:rock: :rock: :rock:

on the lighter side.. spam will have been delt with...