1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music Any electric guitar players here?

Discussion in 'General' started by SazBard, 4 Jun 2010.

1. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Back to guitars, though:
    anyone know what these run for?
    [​IMG]
    It's a Schecter Hellraiser V8. Limited numbers produced, US only.

The othe roption for me looks to be a limited edition SYN custom, because it looks f*cking stunning.

2. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

I think that v8 is about £3000 - £5000 judging by both it being an 8-string and a limited run.

And why schecter dude?? I personly have never been a fan. Much rather a Jackson.

3. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

a) because I hate Jacksons. Played an original RR series, a new (plane-panel paintjob) King V, various performers, Soloists, US built ones, etc. Not a single one I Liked playing.

b) Because They look stunning, are made by the same company that makes ESP, and I love ESPs. And because a mate of mine that also Hates Jacksons, Loves 'Nez's and doesn't like ESPs much says his Jeff Loomis 7 is the best guitar ever. And that guy is allowed to play any day. (Thraeol on Myspace - check it out).

c) Because Schecter is virtually impossible to get here (much like Dean). We can only get SOME cheap ones, and for cutthroat pricing. Would be fairly easy to get one over here late this year through my sister. So there's the exclusivity vote.

4. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

Ah fair enough, Each to their own i guess i find jacksons perect for my playing style as i have fairly small hands.

I do like ESP but only a couple of them one of which is the Alexi Lahio sig and thats just an RR with a bigger price tag :p

5. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I dunno why, really, but I always found that pretty much every guitar (in the price brakcet) is better than a jackson to play for me. I try again every time I see a good Jackson, and think "Maybe this one suits me more". Then I play for 5 minutes and go "nope... back to [whatever I was playing]."

As for ESP's, I've only played a KH signature (LTD one), and a MII Standard with EMGs, and they're probably the most comfy guitars... in the world to me. Even better than my RG.. :p

but yeah - each to his own. I reckon at a certain price bracket, it just all boils down to personal preference anyway. All guitars in the market I'm looking at are pretty much pro-range and great anyway, as every single one pretty much has famous artists attached to the model.
    Ibanez Prestige: Dragonforce (for a long time)
    Jackson: Too many to mention
    ESP: Too many to mention
    BCRich: Slayer, Slipknot, various others
    etc...

6. Cabe6403

Cabe6403 Supreme Commander

Currently I have an Ibanez ART-320 electric
    [​IMG]

and a Ibanez Talman electro acoustic
    [​IMG]

I've also got the obligatory Boss DS-1 distortion pedal and a Digitech Whammy.
    At the moment I'm in Switzerland for the summer and I prefer playing my electric so I took it plus my pedals with an Orange Micro Crush amp
    [​IMG]
    Fantastic little amp. Great sound, runs off 9V batteries and has a standard headphone jack. it even has a built in tuner.

At home I've got an old Yamaha amp I borrowed off a friend but when I'm back from summer I might pick up one of these.

I do like an Orange amp...

7. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Those ART 'nezes are GREAT. Mate of mine has a 320, and it ROCKS to play. And those LZ1 active pickups sound LEGEND

8. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Wooh, a fell Orange owner..

9. sleepygamer

sleepygamer More Metal Than Thou

I probably shouldn't have posted in the musician thread. I seem to have killed it. >.>

Here, I'll cross post my guitaryness to here, and you can bask in the glory of my metal!

In that first photo I am, in fact, playing in drop D, despite the fact my band is normally tuned up to E. We only have a couple of dropped tracks, but I really like that photo. :D

10. Cabe6403

What have you got Mankz?

Yeah, it's got such a nice sound. I was looking for a new guitar, saw the 320 and thought it looked freakin' awesome. Played it and it sounded just as awesome. It was a bit out my budget but who cares!

I quite like drop D. Was playing in drop B the other day... crazy low. (Eyeless by Slipknot if anyone is wondering)

11. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Crush 30R, with a Dual Terror in the mail :rock:

12. Colossous

Colossous Minimodder

I've been playing bass in bands for the best part of the last 20 yrs and Still use my 1980's Fender P these days kitted out with Seymour Duncan Quater pounders through a Marshall combo (its true amps get heavier as you get older lol). I use a Hartke bass attack pedal and occasionally an EH small clone chorus with it.
    As for six strings i have a PRS single cut which is just great to play and a 1980's Tokai flying V which is also great to play along with my old faithfull Simon and Patrick accoustic.
    I've a 1968 Marshall 4x12 with a Mesa Boogie dual rectifier as well as a Marshall Jcm900 1x15 combo which i still love the distorted sound of as much as most things i've heard !

Last edited: 22 Jun 2010
  13. Cabe6403

How would you rate the 30R?

14. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I love mine to pieces.. Aparantly the new Pix versions or whatever are just as good, if not better..

For a 30W amp its flipping powerful, and can drown out a set of drums and a bass, and can really fill a hall with sound. Its got a good range of effects, the reverb and gain setting are fab, and its bring flippin orange..

I'm very happy with it, and for that reason, I decided to stick with Orange and get a Dual terror.

15. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

I play bass :)

I currently only have one bass - USA Fender Jazz Bass Deluxe, but i recently sold my Fender Jag and Ibanez BTB506 - wish i hadnt sold my sixer, i only started loving it when i didnt have it any more.

Think i am going to get a P-bass, just want to save up for the deluxe as im not hugely a fan of passive basses.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 22 Jun 2010
  16. Cabe6403

Yeah, I was looking at the new PiX ones. The 35LDX in particular.
    I've got the little Micro Crush and it packs a punch for such a wee thing. Only 3 watts and runs off a 9v battery for freakin' ages. (I've used it for maybe 20 hours on it's current battery. Great thing is it's actually got a fair bit of volume behind it so I usually only have the volume about 1/3 to 1/2

17. sleepygamer

I drop to all sorts of tunings for my personal stuff. I'm planning on getting a seven string soon, so a lot of my stuff has been written for a low B guitar. :rock:

I am kinda edging towards a luthier built instrument, but the only one I know of that does extended range guitars is Patrick Hufschmid, and he doesn't do Floyds. >.<

18. sleepygamer

Quick update on my guitar:

A little while ago I bought a Razer Vespula (You can read a review I wrote here if it tickles your fancy.)
    and I get a Razer l33t pack with it. It included a Razer logo Vinyl sticker... so I did what any guitarist-geek would do, and stuck it on my guitar.

[​IMG]

This is from a gig my band Hamerex did in Lancaster (I think) a little while ago.

19. Cabe6403

One of my friends has a 7 string. He drop tunes it so low he's drilled out the body in order to fit a bass string for the bottom string.

20. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Hence me wanting that 8-string Schecter: 5 (count them) thick strings. DETUUUUNE!