1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Any got any bits and bobs left form their pc noise absorber kit?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by JoeK, 2 Feb 2012.

1. JoeK

JoeK Minimodder

I have the antec p280 case just delivered today, and a large pc noise absorber kit as well.

I fitted the noise absorbers onto the case, but it's quite big so only managed to fit the side panels, and a bit of the floor. If anyone has any bits spare from their noise absorbing kit I'd be interested in buying it.

I need to install noise absorbers on the floor (half left) and the roof as well.

They don't seem to sell individual sheets, but in pack sizes only which is no good to me because I'll have 4 sheets left after.

2. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

This should be in the marketplace.

3. smaugy

smaugy What's a Dremel?

If you're looking to prevent the transmission of vibrations from the case to the floor, I can recommend Sorbothane. An audiophile forum regular sells some semispheres, most often used for hi-fi acoustic insulation platforms, on ebay under the name "flatfeet" and "flatfeet ultra" depending on the weight they would be supporting.

I'm not related to the seller - I've just bought from him before.

4. JoeK

JoeK Minimodder

thanks, I think I may need that the p280 is massive and is no way going to go all the way into the little computer desk I have.

Although there shouldn't be any vibration issues with the tower going to the floor, I think I will need new feet that fit on the shelf built to house the tower.

5. JoeK

JoeK Minimodder

sorry. I didn't realise there was a marketplace. I'm guessing my post count isn't high enough to view it yet, what is the post count requirement to gain access to the marketplace?

Mods: Can we let this one slide? I promise to post a picture of my case after all the soundproofing is done, so it's not entirely a marketplace thread>

6. Mojo

Mojo Multimodder

i might have something you can have...
    i'll need to check what i have tomorrow