1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any motherboards or hardware YOU particularly want to see?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Guest-16, 7 Mar 2007.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Since CeBit is coming up on the 14th, Tim and I are seeing some manufacturers to discuss new and future stuff etc. But time permitting, I want to know what hardware YOU particularly want to see reviewed at Bit-tech. That's by no means a promise that we will either see the people or get one in, but if we have an idea of what will be popular and what to specifically ask for that gives us some additional ground to work from.

So: Motherboards, sound cards, cases, ram?

2. Burnout21

Burnout21 Is the daddy!

AMD's quad core set up,

Ati r600 cards.....

oooooooooo and any quadros with G80 cores (i know gaming is the thing here, but pretty please!!!!)

Future mid-range DX-10 cards

3. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

Some Q6600 testing would be great because no one has done it to a decent (understandable) level. I think this chip may have been over looked.

I guess a round up of the DX10 SLi approved PSU's could be a good idea because there are plenty out there. Doesn't have to be an indepth one but just recommendations really. Everyone just says the HX620 or the M12 600 or 700 at the moment.

Cases...hmmm Stacker 830 evo perhaps and the 832 just to see what the differences are.

Maybe some comparison of big cap hard drives? In the forums you'll have un-doubtedly seen everyone recommending different ones, it would be nice to catagorically have an answer as to which are better.

And finally, of course, skt 775 air coolers :)

EDIT: The 680i DQ6 needs to be reviewed as well

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I'd love to see a cases roundup - we haven't seen a great deal on the standard ATX tower case for a while now.

Aside from that, anything you can get your hands on. It'd be good if you don't go overboard on the R600, I know it'll be wanted by all and sundry, but there's not much NEW going around, we know near-enough everything about it now.

One thing you have to promise though, have fun. :D

5. trig

trig god's little mistake

second the amd quad and r600...if i understood the article yesterday, they are doing a launch of r600 at multiple levels in one launch, so it would be nice to see them all compared to g80 in one big test...cases would be good too...mid and standard would be nice...

6. orb

orb satisfying.

the optimus keyboard

7. Renoir

Renoir What's a Dremel?

1) Samsung's Hybrid hard drive they've just started shipping

2) Hitachi's and Seagate's Terabyte hard drives if they're there

3) Performance of R600 with regards to h.264 hardware acceleration (AVIVO)

4) Nvidia's new IGP (7050)

5) Any Esata external drive enclosures

6) Any indication on when quad cores may be turning up in laptops (45nm at earliest I imagine)

7) When AMD plans to release 65nm turion x2s and any specs

More coming as I remember them

8. Tim S

Tim S OG

Intel hasn't sampled the chip, although I've asked for it on numerous occasions. I will see what I can do and see if I can pull some retailer strings if Intel doesn't want to sample.

We're going to be doing something like this very soon... reasonably regularly too.

I'll have to see about cases - we'll see what we can come up with at Cebit

Watch this space on this one - we're working on some decent hard drive testing methodologies at the moment.

Another thing that's going to be a regular fixture going forwards...

9. Mother-Goose

Tim it looks like I did good....well kinda, I suggested things you obviously agree with anyway, that counts a touch down in my book :brrr:

10. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Some benches for these would be fantastico.

Also, see if there's any modded cases hanging about or any new cooling/mods/weird stuff (like the usb treasure chest).

And take loads of piccies, then have a loadsapiccies gallery of the show, rather than a select half a dozen.

11. robbybertu15

robbybertu15 <b>needs a job</b>

R600 and K8L please.

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Well G80-mid range, R600 and Barcelona are NDA-esq and will arrive in time ;)

I've made a list and will try to at least get some pictures IF I can find the places cause the halls are plentiful and large :D

13. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

I understand everyone wants to look at the latest and greatest but I'd love to see some budget reviews for those of us building a cheap machine.
    ie:
    Best CPU for under £150
    Best GPU for ~£150
    Best Mobo for <£90

That kind of thing.
    Or, do a total budget build review, for example "What's the best system we can buy (excl kbd, mouse, monitor) for someone upgrading for under £700?"

ninja edit: I'd also love to see a review of a hybrid board for those of us upgrading on a REALLY tight budget.
    http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=534747
    Is the one I'm thinking.
    I'd for example love to see how well it works slinging an E6300 + 1GB DDR400 + X800 Pro (AGP) and then compare it to another lower end system but with DDR2, PCI-E graphics and such.

But that's probably just me.

14. Bbq.of.DooM

Bbq.of.DooM Custom User Title

Power supplies
    RD600 boards
    R600 XTX
    G81

15. Mother-Goose

lol power supplied bbq? you do surprise me :p

16. Axel

Axel What's a Dremel?

is there any chance of 4gig memory review?

17. Bbq.of.DooM

Bbq.of.DooM Custom User Title

There's not a lot of power supplies, everyone usually drools on the R600's, so it'll just be like okay quick take a few pictures

18. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

More On cheaper motherboards if you please and I know this isnt really hardware but what about reviewing some watercoolings parts.

19. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

bet me to it. and i would imagine it does since its closly releated to enthusiest systems and that air coolers was suggested

edit: how about a review on the p5n-e sli that highlander had good success with overclocking and anyword on the release date of the dfi 680i board

Last edited: 9 Mar 2007
  20. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Got it, and no. :)