1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Any "older" MTB'ers here?

Discussion in 'General' started by modd1uk, 8 Jul 2020.

1. modd1uk

modd1uk Well-Known Member

I've got two older bikes that are just taking up room and could do with shifting on, but I have 0 idea of their value, anybody on here that can help or point me in the right direction pleaseee

2. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Well-Known Member

Gumtree and Facebook marketplace if you want rid quick, bikes are hard to get at the moment and if they are good to go and reasonably priced, they will sell very quickly. I got rid of a singlespeed 29er for £150 with the first offer of about 20 coming less than 5 mins after posting.

If they are nice bikes, Singletrack Magazine have a classifieds section and Pinkbike a Buy/Sell page, but these are frequented by proper riders, so crap bikes probably wont sell.

I'd guess that "older" mtbs means 26" wheels and worn parts so I'd probably go with Gumtree and Facebook.

3. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Well-Known Member

Pics please!

But probably not a lot, mountain bikes devalue faster than a Tory promise.

4. modd1uk

modd1uk Well-Known Member

They'll be worth more in parts I imagine, pretty marmite stuff, Azonic DS1 MK3 Frame (16.5"), Drop off 3 forks etc

there's plenty of retro selling pages on FB but you're allowed to get price valuations which seems stooopid

5. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Well-Known Member

modd1uk likes this.