1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any one got a nokia 6230?

Discussion in 'General' started by The cheapskate, 16 Mar 2005.

1. The cheapskate

The cheapskate One custom title before Matty

2. andyunder

andyunder What's a Dremel?

you can do it by bluetooth if you have the nokia software. you can also do it by cable.

if you want to put the music and stuff on the mmc card then just remove it and use a card reader

3. M3G4

M3G4 talkie walkie

I've got one.

You can transfer music to the MMC card or the phone over bluetooth - both with and without the nokia PC suite. I didn't bother with the PC suite because it's a bit overkill for what I wanted to do.

Don't bother with a cable, get a bluetooth dongle or a card reader. I'd say get both so you can back up contacts and SMS with the bluetooth and transfer music using the card reader.

4. MaplinMan

MaplinMan What's a Dremel?

yeh i got one
    it was well easy to do bluetooth with just the standard drivers (no nokia suite)

you just make ur phone discoverable

then u search for stuff on ur pc

then you make up a code and enter it on both the pc and the phone (they will both ask you as soon as they detect each other. its a security thing...)

then you have a connection...

you can send files, or use the pc mic and speakers as a hands free kit etc etc
    its pretty cool

i installed the nokia suite to install games on my phone and backup my phonebook and then it conflicted with my bluetooth software...

5. The cheapskate

The cheapskate One custom title before Matty

Thanks guys :thumb:

Any idea it takes, to copy a tipical mp3 over using a blue tooth dongle?

6. M3G4

M3G4 talkie walkie

Could be up to around 15-20 mins... it all depends on various factors. I'd use a card reader myself, they're much faster.

7. Shepps

Shepps Slacking off since 1986..

I use a card reader with mine, its pretty fast. takes no time at all to fill the card with mp3's.

8. MaplinMan

MaplinMan What's a Dremel?

naa it would take that long if u were using irfrared (dont)

bluetooth is well fast actually. takes only a few min tops

9. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

i used the irda adaptor for a few years...with my current fone an some older ones.....but i ordered a 100m bouetooth usb thingy from hong kong and it arrived yesterday....its freeking tiny!!!!!! but i works so smoothly!!!!

5meg of files transfer well quickly an it has no problems with distance aswell....bluetooth thingy is well recomended.