1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any stores that will check TFTs for dead pixels?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gizmo1990, 14 May 2005.

1. Gizmo1990

Gizmo1990 What's a Dremel?

Hope this is the right place for this question.

I'm in the market for a new TFT monitor but I'm worried about the whole dead pixel issue. I firmly believe that if I pay money for something I want it to be in perfect condition when I get it!

Anyway most of the online places I've seen the monitor I want (Samsung 913) won't check for dead pixels.

Does anyone know a online store that will do this? I've heard some places are willing to do it for a extra cost but I can't find any?

Alternatively does anyone know any highstreet stores in the London area that will do this?

2. Baldick

Baldick Banned

aria.co.uk but costs £15+VAT.

3. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

IIRC will Samsung now (either on all screens or certain models) swap out a monitor with any dead pixels...

4. Gizmo1990

Gizmo1990 What's a Dremel?

Are you sure about that? Where did you read it?

5. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

6. nick01

nick01 What's a Dremel?

I have never worried about dead pixels since I can't see that well anyway, but I googled for "zero defect tft" and found this article: www.maxdata.com/maxdata/Pixel_monitors.pdf . It looks to me like there is more than one definition of "dead". My google search also showed some sponsored links, but the first I clicked swamped me with pop-ups so I didn't look at them.

7. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

I too tried to tried to find a place that would test before shipping and had no joy, so in the end I took the plunge...

I bought the 913N and advised a mate to (£240 inc post from microdirect), the screen looks great has a good response time and was a great price. His has no dead pixels and mine has one, but to be honest its not very noticable as it only shows up on lighter tones.

If I was you i'd just buy it incase the price goes up again, it risin by up to £30 at some shops because of a supply shortage (I think).