1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Any 'vapers' out there?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sentinel-R1, 13 May 2013.

1. Ljs

Ljs Modder

Hah! Noted.

I've only tried the Mini Nautilus on my IPV2 and anything about 4v (approx 10w on 1.8ohms) just give me a horrible burnt taste - it can't handle it. I'm hoping an RBA will be up to the job a bit more.

2. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Last edited: 4 Jan 2018
  3. Ljs

Ljs Modder

Ahh my bad - I typed it all wrong (serves me right for attempting to multitask).

10w is about the sweet spot I've found.

I've had a dodgy BDC coil that just wouldn't prime (burnt).

Still, anything higher than around 14w didn't go down too well.

4. srgtherasta

srgtherasta Minimodder

Just getting into vaping after 25 years on the cigs. Haven't smoked a cig in 3 weeks, actually feelings a lot less tired etc. Anyway to many flavours out there to try. Ordered some ry4 to try and some that is supposed to taste like amber leaf. Happy vaping all.

5. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

I like this guy. Goes a little over the top occasionally with the whole "bearded madness" thing but he does really good reviews and has good charisma.

Learned quite a lot from his channel, too.

6. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

He does go a little mad for cloud chasing though, and it's a shame that many of the devices he reviews are well north of $100.

Just steer clear of some of his crazier coils and you'll be fine :).

7. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Rip's just gotten nuttier over time. His first videos were quite sedate, almost boring at times but ever since that beard showed up, he's gone wappy.

Still watch all his stuff though, madly entertaining if nothing else.

8. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

A juice to avoid: Johnson Creek Mint Chocolate. It's bilious.

The merest hint of chocolate, I think I can imagine some mint in there too at a push. But mostly it tastes of burnt clothes and poo.

Avoid.

9. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Have you eaten burnt clothes, or poo, or the both in combination? ;)

10. siliconfanatic

Video quality has improved though.

11. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

That reminds me. In case anyone was tempted to try Union Vapes' Coffee flavour, my mate recently described the flavour as "Coffee, but with a fried turd dipped in it".

These are questions that are best left unanswered...

12. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Never independently from one another, but as a mixture many times yes. It's a guilty habit I just can't break for some reason.

But try to mix a hint of mint chocolate in there and it just ruins the rich, unique odoriferous properties of fresh excreta carefully wrapped in charred undergarments.

13. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Not sure if this should be taken seriously, either way i thought you vapers might be interested in it.

Now e-cigarettes can give you malware
    http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/nov/21/e-cigarettes-malware-computers

14. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

15. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

Right chaps I'm a bit late joining in on this one, but I have been on the type with the refillable cartridge. My question is.. Is there anyway to clean them out, I am finding that they clog up and I'm getting throw quite a few of them. They are cheap enough to be a throe away item, but I was still curious all the same.

P.s.. some one might have already posted some thing on how to clean them, but I am just far to lazy to read back through the entire thread

16. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Little cotton filled carts (the size of a *** butt)?

17. notmeagain

notmeagain Minimodder

Why are vapers always in the wrong?
    Building/landlord permission to Vape in communal areas, been doing so for the last year with no issues.
    Attracted a bit of attention at first, but through education and a little convincing I've gotten 3 of the other tennants into vaping and off the cigs.

Last week, a venemous woman bursts into the room in a rage (I kid you not, she was close to screeching) and exclaims "You guys disgust me, your killing us with that ****, take it ****ing outside" - virtually everyone in the room is in a state of confusion at this point.

We finally clock on she's aiming her wrath at the two of us vaping by the window - we're not cloud chasers, we use pure PG mixes because of the cheap as chips carto's we're using...

So we agree, "if it bothers you, sure we'll take it outside", and we do no issue.

Today someone else is vaping in the area, only of the lads none of the group who were before. We go over to let him know there's trouble afoot and not to flaunt. At that precise moment, venemous shriek cow storms in again, proceeds with violent rhetoric about "Always poisoning us, get the **** out"... we kindly remind her that building management had OK'd it (we dont have a smoking facility).

The outcome is now the building is a "Completely Smoke and Vape free environment" and I'm again relegated to the curb as the curse of my addiction refues to relent.

It seriously feels heavilly biased - Not once in the 3 years of Vaping have I had anyone explode at me about it, nor been excluded from using it in public spaces (I'm in London!).

All it takes is one complaint... :(

18. bulldogjeff

I'm using THIS one

19. siliconfanatic

People are gullible. It's the whole reason Anti-Vaping, Anit-GMO, and anti-gluten, anti-atheist (etc) sheeple exist.

And the more gullible they are, the more paranoid and venomous they get.

I personally don't give a flying fart. I'd just take a counter-complaint back to the land lord, along with a request to kick said screecher out due to "noise pollution" :D

Last edited: 24 Nov 2014
  20. bulldogjeff

So I just had a google and found loads on cleaning and dry bruning. I popped the coil out of the middle and gave it a clean as well.. Have to say good as new