1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Any 'vapers' out there?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sentinel-R1, 13 May 2013.

1. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Otis if you want my honest advice you could do a lot worse than just picking up a NatureVape Mini tank and coil. I too use a Subtank and it's been great so far (touch wood), but I have two NV tanks sat on ego sticks as backups and I still find myself going back to them regularly. They are reliable, dead easy to maintain and the coils will last you 6 months plus. For the price you will not experience a better vape - clouds and flavour :)

2. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

^I agree with Shirty, don't give up on it if it means going back to smoking, once you get the right kit it's happy vaping ahead.

Must be good then but that's way more expensive than smoking. :lol:

Try DIYing your juice, you'll save loads. :)

3. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I'm going to stop vaping altogether a few weeks (once I exhaust my current supply of concentrates). Been wondering this for a while now: aside from some nice flavours, and some nicotine, what do I really get out of it? It's another hole to pour money in, and nicotine is just another stimulant that I could really do without (I rarely even drink coffee these days). I have plenty of other hobbies which I don't really make time for, and building coils/wicks feels like more of a chore than anything else. I can't keep up with the pace of new kit on the market, I always feel like I'm way behind the times.

Bugger it. It's been fun, it got me off the stinkies, and I will still advocate vaping to all and sundry for that reason alone, but I think my vaping journey is over.

4. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Congrats BLC. :)

How long you been vaping?.

I'm guessing I might be vaping for a couple of years before I quit vaping.

5. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

On and off? Probably about three years. Back when it was still new - about four years ago maybe - I got one of the early cig-a-likes, when Totally Wicked was pretty much the only reputable supplier out there. I soon went back to smoking though because tank systems weren't really a thing, and the little e-liquid sponge-thing in the cartridge would constantly dribble into my mouth.

I switched to vaping pretty much full-time about two and a half years ago now - since then the number of cigarettes I've smoked could be counted with one hand, and most of those were quite early on.

6. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Virtually every time I do grocery shopping my brain impulses me to buy some tobacco but I keep on resisting & vape banana peanut butter flavour instead, :hehe: I'm hoping the hook fades to no desire to smoke eventually, doesn't help with it being so easy to get, easier than buying an apple in the supermarket with the tobacconist being at the entrance.

7. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

i can't get nickel builds to work as well as kanthal :(

anyone got tips?

8. notmeagain

notmeagain Minimodder

I've been vaping for 5 years, from the early cartomizers up through several different platforms.
    I stayed with the Ego-tanks for about 2 years of that 5, the last 3 has been on different ego style tank systems, eventually settling on my 40w mod and mechs.

You're right - it's another expense you don't need, but you don't have to chase the curve at all.
    Find a platform that suits and stick with it until it's exhausted in the market and move on if you want.

I can still say I've saved ~£6,000 give or take since I moved over (20 a day).

I set up a new account with a standing order of £7.65 a day going into it, I use this as my saved smoke fund, dipping into it for juices and kit, 3k over 5 years on vaping is a bit steep, but it's nothing on the 9 grand smoking would have cost me...

However, I've got a bunch of capella and TPA concentrates on their way and picked up 200ml of VG and PG, and the nicotine over the weekend. The cost saving is going to be insane - £9 a bottle for the premium stuff, I can make a 15ml batch for ~£1.50 in materials.

9. notmeagain

notmeagain Minimodder

What's the purpose of nickel builds? lower ohms?

10. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Temperature control requires nickel.

11. notmeagain

notmeagain Minimodder

My mind is blown.
    That sounds like the ultimate flavour chasers kit, will definitely have to look into this.

And who sullied my profile with that avatar? I don't recall having one yesterday!

12. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

Aye, I've been looking in to that myself. I won't be bothering until Autumn though, no point in hayfever season though as my sense of taste gets dulled a bit, despite the antihistamines.

Saying that though, I think I'm a little blown away by the subtank mini. I picked one up about 10 days ago, the RBA deck is easier to work on than the (admittedly cheap) drippers I have, airflow from both sides is a plus and it's giving me plenty of flavour from a 50/50 mix at 20% concentrate (rhubarb and custard at the mo, sweet but with a nice tang to it :) )

13. notmeagain

notmeagain Minimodder

I made my own double twisted coil the other week for my Derringer, that stuff chucks the flavor like nothing i've had before.

It also demolished my juice supply.

14. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

We just got the Subtank in (a customised OEM sold as the Nano-T, exclusive to Ecigwizard) with the 1.2ohm organic cotton coils. Fantastic stuff!!

Along with yummy new liquids in I'm in heaven at the moment.

What's everyones vape today?

15. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Today has been Cool Mint from Capella on a 0.5 ohm subtank coil @ 16W, lovely stuff, slight toffe flavour that reminds me of Murray mints:thumb:

16. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Today has mostly been Winter's Bite by The Mad Alchemist on a 0.5Ω RTA coil in the Subtank Mini, mostly at 22.5W iirc.

Fox's Glacier Mints spring to mind. Delicious!

17. notmeagain

notmeagain Minimodder

Today has been nothing but my first bottle of homemade clone juice.
    http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/154186/Unicorns+Suck+Milk+%232

It's a cuttwood clone that's pretty damned close to the original. It's not as "creamy" but man it's lush.

This is on a .5ohm dual twisted coil in a Derringer @ 30w

Hot, cloudy, sweet nectar.

18. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:( Did a mod too far on my russian 91 & knackered the chimney base, could order the spare bit from USA but the postage is 7x more than the cost of the part so ordered a new russian 91.

Nice atty so worth it. :)

19. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

Has anyone tried both the subtank and Atlantis 2? I'm going to get rid of a lot of my mechanical's, drippers, etc as I've got a draw full that I rarely use. I want to get a nice box mod to go with either the subtank or Atlantis.

Any ideas on what box to get? Don't really want to spend more than £50, but could stretch a little further. Likewise recommendations on a subtank or atlantis please.

20. notmeagain

notmeagain Minimodder

Just got an Eleaf iStick 50w (£45) from my local vapeshop (KrystalSmokes), it's a good size, comfortable and comes at 4400mah
    It looks better imo than the sigelli's or hbcigar boxes.

Goes from 1-10v's at 3-50w - I'm using it @.4ohm(45w) for dripping and .6ohm(25w) for tanks.

Only downside: pre-packed batteries. They're essentially 38A 2200mah 18650's in tandem and can be user replaced with some tedium.

I've been through the clones, hbcigar and other boxes over the past 4 months, they're all "ok" and not much difference between them, will settle with the eleaf for now though, it even comes with an Ego adaptor...