1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Any 'vapers' out there?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sentinel-R1, 13 May 2013.

1. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Last edited: 2 Jan 2018
  2. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I go through quite abit of juice each day but I am using 70/30 3mg mix at anything from 0.2 to 0.6 when I change the coils.

3. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

I vape cotton bacon all the way up to 140w and no issues whatsoever. It'll probably continue to wick above that too but I'll get the nicotine whirlies if I go much higher :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Might need to give this Cotton Bacon stuff a try or the Jap cotton from Amazon. Tbh I vape mostly at 50w on my daily driver, however the Noisy Cricket does push out 100+ watts so maybe more suitable for that.

I finally got to wick my Avocado 24 correctly and running in dual coil mode with 24g Kanthal and its exactly like a dripper without the dripping action. I would suggest this to anyone.

5. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

See, I bought into the youtuber's reviews on the Avocado 24 and bought one (£25 inc del - so not horrendous) and wasn't that impressed with single coil flavour production, so I dual coiled it and it was a little better - not loads - but the tank size isn't great for duals as it hoovers liquid. And after all that, the flavour and vapour production isn't anywhere even remotely close to being comparable to the Aromamizer Supreme, but it wouldn't be as having the tank ABOVE the dripper deck, gravity ensures the wicks are always absolutely saturated.

After being slightly disheartened with the Avocado, I found a good deal on the Theorem and bought that. Similar story, especially with the notch coils: they get too hot, too quick and long lung hits become almost painfully warm at the end. I then built dual vertical claptons in it but that was horrendously hot and blistered my hand on the hot glass (no joke...) and found the best build was a single flat clapton at 0.5ohm, circa 40W. Doesn't get hot and plenty of clouds; however.....

...the flavour is still lacking compared to the Aromamizer. This SteamCrave atty has ruined every other atty for me. I can't see me getting anywhere close to the vape it gives in the foreseeable future. Even drippers don't compare.

6. atanum141

I get your first point about the Avocado, I too had the same issues but with correct wicking it's working like a charm. I don't really care about juice usage as drippers kane the juice when chain vaping.

Im surprised your Theorem gets so hot, tbh they are only supposed to be run out 25-45ish watts with the notch coil. I can imagine what clapton's would do to it.

As for the SteamCrave or Aromamizer I have seen good things about them but they seem over fiddly. I dunno I may tempt myself to get a bottom coiled RTDA later in summer.

EDIT: BTW are you in Northwood Southlondon or Nw London?

7. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

I'm wicking the Avocado fine. I'm not getting any dry hits but the flavour is a let down compared to the Aromamizer Supreme - it really is THAT good. Same issue with the theorem, although it wicks much better than the Avocado as the genny wick holes are twice the size, and still the flavour doesn't beat the Aromamizer. I think I've found my forever atty, sadly!

It really isn't fiddly either. The supreme is a velocity-style deck with a tank on the top. You can remove and rebuild the deck without draining the tank too. I've not seen a better implementation to be honest.

I'm Northwood NW London, on the base. You local?

8. atanum141

Yeah, I saw Mike Vapes review of the thing and it's bloody huge. 25mm is just a hair bit bigger than my mod and the price is slightly off putting. That being said I did see the mini version and it has all the features but not the juice capacity.

Thank god they took off that silly rubberband/airflow control thing they used to have with the older units.
    I did see that the velocity deck is huge but what impressed me was the way the deck is inserted and completely separate from the tank. You may have just convinced me.

Im in North Harrow, so yup local.

9. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

10. atanum141

11. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

i stopped vaping months ago but watched that the other day on TV.
    I tuck away from that vaping isnt harmless, but still 99% less harmful that smoking (in there words), and the only two unknowns at the moment is the effect over long periods of time, and testing individual flavors as mental come up hazardous.

12. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

MacGyvering time. Ingredients: cheapo 18650 charger, voltage meter and epoxy.

[​IMG]

Result is a compact and ridiculously lightweight 18650 voltage meter. As I use mechs every now and then, this is a good addition to the gear if you ask me.

13. StingLikeABee

StingLikeABee What's a Dremel?

One thing I picked up from that program was that the tobacco companies are investing heavily into e-cigs. Hardly a surprise to be fair, especially as many of those on the program had initially gone over to e-cigs to try stopping but have ended up replacing one form of nicotine delivery for another to feed the addiction. It's not actually ending the addiction. I get that smoking is worse health wise but shouldn't the overall goal be to overcome the nicotine addiction. The tobacco companies are investing because they are losing from one stream of income and gaining from another.

I smoke, heavily too, I've tried the e-cigs but I knew I'd just be replacing one habit for another so I decided if I'm going to stop I'll be choosing other methods to wean myself off. How many of you here started the e-cigs to stop smoking?

14. GTIgeneral

GTIgeneral Minimodder

I haven't been having much luck making my own liquids so far, been having an odd aftertaste with all the juices I've made, I think it could be the nicotine I had so I've bought some more from darkstar.

Got quite a few random flavorings now, any suggestions on what to mix?

Butter Cream
    DK Tobacco Base
    Vanilla Swirl
    Graham Cracker
    Badvarian Cream (DX)
    RY4 Double
    Sweet Cream
    Lemonade
    Vanilla Custard
    Green Apple
    Honey Wood Tobacco
    Dragonfruit
    Caramel Original (DX)
    Strawberry (natural)
    Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
    Orange cream
    New York Cheesecake

15. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I find natural strawberry hard to mix. It has a very natural aroma, but that translates into quite a green strawberry vape. Get some sweet strawberry from Capella - it's the basis of many a delicious strawberry cream/milkshake recipe.

Look up the leaked Unicorn Milk recipe - you've got plently of flavours you can use for that.

16. GTIgeneral

GTIgeneral Minimodder

I haven't had any luck with the natural strawberry either, what would be some good base flavours to order to mix with what I got? I tried that unicorn mix using what I got but it just didn't taste right without sweet strawberry

17. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Bought the Ijoy Tornado. ~120W and tank atty is a truly ridiculous combination.

[​IMG]

18. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

@GTIgeneral: You might want to try your tobacco base mixed with a little vanilla custard. It should be similar to one of my favourites - MBV Coumarin Pipe - which is a pipe tobacco with a touch of vanilla. Not too much, just so you can taste it on the exhale. I would try mixing a similar flavour if I had to but I have 150ml of concentrate on the way so no need at present :)

19. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

starting to miss vaping again. Had a go on my partner's sisters drip tip kanger thing and loved it :(
    Been eyeing up the RX200s with the ceramic phoenix council of vape tank that dont need new coils.

someone stop me

20. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Recently started vaping again, anyone recommend any tanks? I had the Uwell Rafale before but the spit back was horrible and i didn’t like the static mouthpiece. Currently using a melo 2 with a coil that’s like 4 months old ./puke

Mod : Cuboid 200w (if it helps) don’t want to touch dripping as it sounds like allot of effort.