1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Any 'vapers' out there?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sentinel-R1, 13 May 2013.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Am I stupid or does this new legislation only affect pre mixed liquids?

So basically I can buy all of the stuff and make my own correct? exactly how I want it etc?

2. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Yes and no. You can only buy pre-mixed in 10ml bottles with a limit of 20mg/ml. You can still buy PG, VG, concentrates, etc, at whatever quantity you want (AFAIU), but obviously the nicotine concentration you can buy will be limited.

Unless you stock up on concentrated nicotine solutions, nicotine shots seem to be the way to go: 10ml bottles of 18-20mg/ml nicotine solution that you simply add to nic-free liquid (or use in place of 72mg/ml nic when mixing your own).

Nic-free juice and nicotine shots seem to be a good workaround for pre-mixed. EDIT: Although you will reduce the flavour concentration. Short answer is that if you want to mix your own then stock up on 72mg nicotine now.

3. GTIgeneral

GTIgeneral Minimodder

So any of you guys pick up anything cool in the mad sales friday?

Done pretty good I think, all prices are including delivery

Milkie's nana 100ml
    Pop orange 30ml
    Pop pink lemonade 60ml
    Pop mixed berries 30ml
    Lost soul candy sherbet 60ml
    OG BUBBA bubble gang 60ml
    £19.50

Nomnomz had a Mystery box of 7 x 30ml for £10

grey haze Rainbow 30ml £3

Aspire quad flex £12

Cool fire 4 100w tc £20

580ml of juice should last me a while, plus already got around 400ml in the cupboard :p

4. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I looked at some places but didn't see anything I fancied.

Still happy with my Alien 220w and Smok TF-V12 and Limitless Plus RTA.

5. GTIgeneral

GTIgeneral Minimodder

I was gutted I missed out on the tfv12 for £5, Icurrently use a stick v8 and absolutely love it, I have the limitless RDTA but haven't used it since my smok r80 mod died. Do like the alien mod but really can't be bothered with messing about with batteries, they seem to be really good mods from what I've heard

6. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

You put the batteries in, job jobbed no messing with batteries, I haven't taken mine out since I got it in November

7. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I did see plenty of sales, but I didn't really see anything I liked to be honest. I have no idea what most of the juices even were, so without extensive research the chances are that I would have ended up with lots of stuff I don't like.

I've not long had a massive order of VG & nicotine through, so I'll stick to mixing my own for now. TPD won't touch flavour concentrates.

Are you sure you're talking about the same thing? I have the Smok Alien 220W mod and the USB port on there is only for firmware updating; I still use my trusty Nitecore i2 to charge the cells.

8. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

9. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

10. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

i would absolutely HATE being stuck with 7.2% nic ... i've honed my mixing into total brainless autopilot stuff ... i always mix 100ml batches with 10% nic ... so 1ml = 1% ... i haven't touched an ejuice calc in a year.

my go to is 4ml nic, 13ml pre-mixed flavor (i mix 3% each apricot, papaya, nectarine, and 2% marshmallow and vanilla swirl), 13ml PG, 70ml vg ... every bottle is exactly the same, and i blast thru a bottle a week.

11. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

I still buy the little pots (3 for 15) as I'm looking at reducing to quit. If any of you menthol lovers out there haven't tried 1912 menthol Asylum, I'd urge you to give it a go... it's so strong straight that I get brain freeze (surely not a good thing) to the extent that I'm mixing it with fruit flavours to calm it down...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

So, the end of my reserves is in sight and I don't fancy paying an extra 20% for the same thing.

What do I need to mix my own juice, and where do I get it?

13. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Get yourself some pre-mix VG/PG in your preferred ratio from Lucemill. 5 litres for £15.

Link: https://www.lucemill.com/chemical/vg-pg-base-liquids.html

The for flavours, I use Flavour Boss's Boss Shots. £14 for 500ml approx. 40+ flavours to choose from and I've not had a bad one yet. Some of them are now among my all time faves.

Link: https://flavour-boss.co.uk/product-category/recipes/boss-shots/

Note: Boss Shots only contain the flavouring at the bottom of the bottle they ship in. You top up the boss shot bottle with your base mix and add nic to desired strength, shake and then steep in the bottle. Works out around £18 for 500ml of finished ejuice. If you do buy the Boss Shots, get yourself some of the bottle nozzles from their accessories page, else you'll have a nightmare dispensing the ejuice.

As for the nicotine, you'll now not be able to get it in any meaningful strength like 72mg. You'll likely have to find nicotine shots and add the required amount. Most nic shots are now 18mg 10ml shot bottles, to meet TPD, so you'll need to use more nic than pre-TPD as it's now a quarter of the strength.

In the 500ml Boss Shot, if you add 4x 10ml Nic shots, it'll balance out at 1.5mg overall. 8x for 3mg and so on.

That's all you need to get you started.

14. rockyforgotun

rockyforgotun What's a Dremel?

Fresh Build. TPD :wallbash:!! Waiting for this to come ins tock - got some freebies off the Element stand at Expo Bham. Can't find it anywhere but the US Sites. Anyone happen to have the breakdown for something similar to the chill vines liquid, it's a grape and mint flavour but just a VERY subtle mint. Please help paint the fresh build!!

15. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

I did a thing.

Wanted a squonker and had a frankensteined vaporflask clone gathering dust. Already modified it last year, threw out the clone chip and charger, now this one has a genuine DNA40 and charger (for safety). And higher quality Omron microswitches too.

Don't mind Ze Blöb, it was painted over.

[​IMG]

Paint job is far from perfect but as if I'd care. It looks spiffy.

[​IMG]

Need to solder the positive output to 510 and cram everything back in the enclosure and done.

[​IMG]

Ordered 17,5mm squonk bottles from Slowtech so this will see proper use oh who knows when.

16. Vault-Tec

Sort of made my own first liquid. I used this one first.

[​IMG]

With 20ml of 72mg 100ml. So I should come out at about 18mg or less. It's nice. First time I have vaped with a posh liquid and yeah, very nice taste. What I didn't plan on was the nicotine being gloopy so with the needle on it was almost impossible to suck up. I had to suck it into the syringe, put the needle on, insert into marshmallow bottle and push hard. Repeat four times, I used a lot of paper towels lol. A hassle, but the monetary savings are worth five minutes of aggro for.

17. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I am starting to make my own juice as well now, but I am not buying Nicotine in a large bottle I am just buying 10ml shots of 18mg which I add to a 100ml of juice, gives me 120ml at 3mg.

My brother has now had a "Genius" idea of me making juice and him selling it, but I have told him I not going to do it until I have had some people try it first which I have already spoke to some friends and they are willing to try it.

18. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

So tell me, what do you know of food hygiene, REACH, P&PW regs, TRA's, CHIP & CLP regs?
    And how's your public liability insurance?

19. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

This is also something I need to look in to, and won't be thinking about it until I feel confident in making it to sell, especially since this morning is the first time I have mixed my own.

Insurance wise that is covered apparently but I need to look in to the insurance my brothers company has to see if it would cover it or not, as I am not going to take my brothers word for it when it comes to something like that.

20. Vault-Tec

I absolutely love this liquid. It's awesome. At first it tasted kinda funny, now I taste it though.. It's like taking a spoon and shoving it into a pot of Fluff (the marshmallow spread) and shoving it in your gob. Bloody lovely :D

MLyons and damien c like this.