1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Any 'vapers' out there?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sentinel-R1, 13 May 2013.

1. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Bloody hell, I like to play fast n loose when it comes to mixing, but you take the top prize.
    I use https://www.amazon.co.uk/Terumo-10-...4903818&sr=8-1&keywords=10ml+syringes+sterile £11 for 100 syringes, use em once and throw them away, no muss no fuss, and they're sterile which is nice.

2. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I used to use online calcs. It made making orders for odd strengths easier to do and made ordering supplies easy as i knew pretty much exactly what i needed.

3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

No good tbh. The first time I did it I used a 5ml syringe and it was a nightmare. Vape Avenue send you the bottles with clearance in the top (which is nice) and then a twist/close lid extra. So you simply remove the lid on it, chuck it away, squirt in the nicotine and then replace the top with the twisty one. However, Marine Vape spouts are not removable and they are tiny. The only way I could find (without emptying the whole bottle into a mixing bottle) was to cut the tip of the spout off so it was open enough to take a hypodermic blunt needle and then fit the needle. Then, five times I may add, remove the syringe from the needle fill it up and then put it back in the needle and push hard. The nicotine is far too thick to suck through the needle it just kept popping apart inside (the puller from the rubber part). So I just bought a 20ml syringe so I can do it all in one go. No prisoners etc. I just clean it out when I am done, has been good for 5 mixes so far and still going. That is why I lowered from 25ml to 20 as I can do it all in one go, with the added bonus of lowering the nicotine at the same time. In a few weeks when I am back to being calm I will drop that to a 15ml syringe and so on and so forth. But yeah, pulling it out of the needle and putting it back into the nicotine bottle more than once was just messy and it went everywhere.

4. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

[​IMG]
    I just got this last week to replace my old Eleaf iStick 50w, the glass on the tank broke almost immediately but the mod itself is really sturdy and well made, you could bash someones head in with it !

5. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Smok aren't subtle, are they! :)

Dave Lister likes this.
  6. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

I stopped vaping for a couple years, why does the EU market get smaller tanks than the rest of the world now ?

7. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

The Tobacco Products Directive is why, specifically article 20 of the TPD,
    Auntie Eu is looking after your health, or lining its pockets, I forget which

8. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

Ahh, i guess that's why it is hard to find decent size bottles of vape juice too. Anything I find above 10ml has 0% nicotine, which just seems bizarre with all the plastic waste these days it's just increasing the problem.

9. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Now now, our EU chums have targets to meet and stuff to pay for, they'll not be able to do so with droves giving up smoking, millions & millions of lost revenue in tax and such forth, people living longer, drawing down on their pension plans for years after they should have died.
    The TPD was the first step to engineering the public perception of vaping and E-liquids making them akin to smoking, so when the new tax proposals at or around the levels tobacco is taxed at it'll be swallowed without much fuss.

MLyons likes this.
  10. Vault-Tec

Nearly finished my Sour Worms now. Loved every minute of it. Going to get the Swedish Fish one next, with a bottle of Vape Avenue fruit salad as my alternative. Quite fancy some Choco Donuts, now that I have figured out what power to give the coils when you are using it to stop them popping within five minutes. It actually tastes really friggin nice.

Dave - My Itaste VTR is like that. The body is machined from a lump of solid brass. It literally weighs about half of what a house brick does. Time you add a 18650 it's even more ridiculous. Which is fine, but I have cracked a phone screen with it (just by it tipping over on my desk) and smashed an SD card to bits as well.

I kinda got annoyed at it after that so it's been redundant for a couple of months now. I just use my Coolfire IV which is nice and light and some cheap Totally Wicked thing (even smaller and lighter) now as knocking them over causes much less carnage. Though saying that I did bust a Aerotank a couple of weeks ago with it falling over).

11. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

Smeggin' hell Vault-Tec your not having a lot of luck there. Having said that my smok went sliding across the dashboard the other day on the way to work and almost took out the side window.

12. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

You can't hold tobacco and pharmaceutical companies blameless either; they're the ones with the money to pay for lobbyists and they're the ones with the most to lose in the long run.

13. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Oh I don't, they played a large part in the junk science along with the FDA and greased a lot of wheels along the way, I also hold our own government in contempt too, but I guess one reason for the EU putting it into the TPD and not letting vapers gear be covered by the GPSD or creating a new directive us that it made it virtually impossible for any member state to reject it.

It's not something I like to dwell on, it's a total corruption of government and the EU all to make sure pockets are lined with tax revenue at the cost of peoples lives and health.
    On anything else I'd say I sound like a tin foil hat wearing conspiracy but, but I've followed this from the start and read a hell if a lot if published papers and it right boils my urine.

14. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I don't think it's tin-foil hat time either tbh. I don't think any one particular actor has their hands clean when it comes to the TPD: governments, both the EU & UK, stand to lose a good chunk of tax revenue on cigarettes; pharma companies will lose out on NRT revenue; and cigarette companies stand to lose most, if not eventually all, of their business. The way that it's been written is suited perfectly to large organisations who can afford all the testing and regulatory compliance involved. There is not a snowball's chance in hell that this is a public health measure, it's the complete f'ing opposite.

It isn't going to stop it though. Plenty of companies don't even sell their juice with nicotine in it any more and stores sell it alongside TPD-compliant "bottle shots" of nicotine base. Plenty of companies offer extension kits to make their tank capacities larger than 2ml. It might cost punters more than it used to, but it isn't going anywhere. I'm just glad I stocked up on 72mg nicotine last April: I've still got a little over 300ml left out of a 500ml bottle, and I get through a lot of juice.

15. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

One thing the TPD had done has massively increase the amount of plastic involved now what with all the small bottles and associated drippers.

Thought we were supposed to be tackling plastic waste?

16. Vault-Tec

Guys HUGE heads up. Vapourlites are selling their 2ml Nato tanks for £4.99 down from £16.99. However, you can then input FEB25 and get 25% off, bringing them down to £3.75 lol.

https://www.vapour.com/vapourlites-nato-sub-ohm-tank/

I just ordered two tanks and ten coils for just over £20 :D

[​IMG]

adidan likes this.
  17. silk186

silk186 Derp

Hey all, I'm looking to get into vaping. My wife an I are social smokers and love shisha. It seems reasonable that we should enjoy vaping more than cigarettes. You get a nice oral sensation, lots of smoke and interesting flavor without the bad smell or having to go out in the snow.

I know nothing about brands or the UK market

@Vault-Tec I see the deal you listed about. How is this brand for a beginner?
    I was looking at the Cyclone 1500 Sub Ohm Kit and Kit1 but both are out of stock.

The Vapourlites Ventus 1100 Sub Ohm Kit seems reasonable at £18.74. Is it suitable for a beginner and should I order anything else with it?
    What about 'juice' and nicotine - where to order these, what amounts and what flavors are popular among beginners?
    We normally smoke flavored cigarettes like Marlboro Blast.

Honestly the site is a bit overwhelming with the selection.
    Even looking at the liquids I don't know what to go for.

Last edited: 28 Feb 2018
  18. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Are there any stores near you? That's probably the best place to start - especially when it comes to liquid, you could end up ordering lots of different flavours you don't like. Having the chance to try something first is really worthwhile for newbies.

As for starter kits take a look at some of these:

https://www.ukecigstore.com/smok-stick-m17-e-cigarette-kit.html
    https://www.ukecigstore.com/kanger-cltank-2p-vaping-kit.html
    https://www.ukecigstore.com/smok-stick-v8-baby-20641.html
    https://www.ukecigstore.com/aspire-k4-quick-start-kit.html

Personally I'd recommend the Smok V8 kit - the tank it uses is quite a good tank (I've got one) and you could use it on a higher-powered device when you feel like you're ready to step up a bit.

Disclaimer: I've never personally used any of these kits (but I do have the Smok Baby Beast tank). The best recommendation really is to pop to a local store: there's such an overwhelming amount of choice these days, I'd have no idea where to start!

19. silk186

silk186 Derp

Thanks for the recommendations @Byron C
    I was looking at the Vapourlites Ventus 1100 Sub Ohm Kit because it is marked down and has a code, taking it from £40 to £18.
    I have seen some shops around me, that is a good idea to check them out. I think I will order 2 flavors if I get a good discount and check out the shops after I get used to my kit.
    Any reason you recommend UKecigstore over Vapour, or is it personal preference. As we are just getting into it I'm looking for a good bargain. I figure this kit is around the price of 2 packs of Marlboro so it's a good deal for our up coming holidays.

@Vault-Tec are these 2ml Nato tanks something I would need starting out?

20. Vault-Tec

One thing you will learn is that you can never have enough gear. Sometimes I want massive hits of flavour, so I switch to sub ohm, other times I just want to "smoke" so I use 2ohm coils. But yeah, start collecting your gear man. That tank will go nicely on my Knight mod :)

[​IMG]

It's the red carbon mod (IE you slap a 18650 in it and press lol). I have black one too, great mods they are when I want to blow my head off with vape :D