1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Any 'vapers' out there?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sentinel-R1, 13 May 2013.

1. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

ukecigstore was the first store that came to mind :). TBH there are so many online vendors these days it's hard to choose; often I'll just go to my local store, at least then I can have a look at stuff.

I've never heard of that mod/kit before, but doubtless it'd be a good first start :). Just make sure you can get your hands on replacement coils easily enough, you will go through coils faster than you think - especially if you use it regularly (I barely put my mod down at home! :grin:)

2. silk186

silk186 Derp

Ok, I placed an order for the kit and two flavors.
    After I get an idea of what I'm doing, what are the best sites for ordering juice and nicotine?
    Are most vape kit sub-Ohm? I was reading a bit about HiVG and HiPG and is seems that sub-ohm is better with HiVG which has less flavor but more smoke?

@Vault-Tec that's a nice collection. I think you need a bigger desk.

3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Yay, well chuffed ! my tanks came today. Opened up one tank and there was one coil in the tank and one in the packing ! so not only did I get the tank I got two coils just with the tank :D so now I have 2 tanks and 14 coils for £22. Even better they are top filling too, which is awesome. Saves so much messing around :D

4. silk186

silk186 Derp

I changed my order from the Vapourlites Ventus 1100 Sub Ohm Kit to a SMOK Stick V8 Baby Kit after talking to my cousin back in Canada (the only person I know that vapes).
    I also changed my juices, so I got the TFV8 and 3 bottles of High VG juice for a hair under £30. I figure that a big brand will be easier to get replacement coils and parts for.
    The Smok Alien Kit 220W looks like a beast but I'm just starting out and it isn't on sale.

5. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Good choice. The Smok Baby Beast is a good tank, plenty of replacement coil choices.

I had the Alien 220W but the damn screen died. I have the T-Priv now.

6. silk186

silk186 Derp

As someone that has never vaped, I didn't know anything about the devices ohm and sub ohm, single and dual coil... I really couldn't tell which one was better.
    After I found out that the Smok is a major international brand and that I would be needing replacement parts like coils the choice was easier. It really is not something that is easy to jump into.

Byron C likes this.
  7. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Yeah it can't be an easy thing to jump into these days! :)

8. Vault-Tec

If you are an ex smoker then you want 1+ohm coils (1.2 and up) single coil. This will produce about as much vape as you would get smoke from a cigarette, and do a very adequate job of delivering nicotine.

Sub ohm coils + dual coils will burn off a ton of liquid costing you more money and will make a battery go flat much quicker. I would put sub ohm and dual coils in the "extreme" category.

It all depends what you want out of it tbh. Like me? I am using those tanks that VL was pretty much giving away the other day @ 7.5w and that is more than enough for me :) Apparently VL reckon these coils do 2-3 weeks too. I tell you what if that's true I am sticking with them after they've ran out.

9. silk186

silk186 Derp

I didn't realise that sub ohm and dual coils were extreme. I was only thinking of the 80w+ as extreme. Probably because on the site also every one I checked was sub ohm and the big units are what I see people using around London.

10. Vault-Tec

The very first coil units available BITD (like 6 years ago when I started) were 2.5 ohm. So to me anything less than 1ohm is a bit extreme and over doing it. 80w? lmao that's crazy.

11. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

With all due respect in my opinion that's piffle.
    I run 0.16 ohms at between 60-70 watts and a decent pair of 18650's will give over a days worth of power.
    For sure my liquid usage is up, normally 10mL a day, but look at the flip side, it costs pennies to make and I can reduce the nicotine level to account for the increased vapour.

The most important point for someone switching from fags to vaping (again IMHO) is the draw, sub ohm tanks can be very airey, although you can restrict them but that kinda defeats the purpose, a nice small tank like the goblins or kangertechs give a much more comparable sensation to smoking.

Subohm is the norm now I reckon for anyone who has made the switch and lasted more than a month, of course we're all different and whatever works keeping you off cigarettes is the right option for you and no one can tell you you're wrong.

12. Vault-Tec

I get two days out of 1 18650 runing 1.8ohm coils. And I use it all day. So (to me at least) it's extreme.

10ml a day? lol 10ml lasts me three days. I get a solid month out of a 100ml. Bear in mind I used to smoke 30 roll ups a day, too. So yes, to me that is extreme.

13. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

I get 1.5 days + out of a dual 18650 setup, it's irrelevant, no one is more than spitting distance from a power socket and they're replaceable anyway.
    And yes I can see how you might think 10ml is extreme, iirc you only use shop bought premium liquids, sod that amount of useage at those prices, I make my own for pence per bottle so it's nothing to an ex 40 a day Marlboro smoker.

There's nothing special, nothing extreme about subohming, nothing mystical, it's just another way of getting our fix, lots of clouds of vapour maybe, but I can still stealth vapers at my desk if I was so inclined and so selfish.

14. silk186

silk186 Derp

From the reading I've been doing the main difference is mouth to lung vs direct-to-lung (DL) vaping is that higher power units go through more juice (and of course power) and use a much lower nicotine strength. I order Nicotine Strength: 3mg as you are recommended to use half the strength with a sub ohm unit.

15. silk186

silk186 Derp

I'm thinking that it would be good to make my own mix. Sometimes I might vape with little or no nicotine and I don't want to burn through a ton of 10ml bottles.
    Where are the best places to get good deals on larger 50-100ml bottles on juice and where to buy the nicotine?

16. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

For flavours I mostly use;
    https://www.thealchemistscupboard.co.uk (also get my pg, VG & water from them)
    https://vapeuk.co.uk
    https://www.ukecigstore.com

Avoid places like eBay, market stalls and dodgy looking shops, there might be nothing wrong with them but you need to be confident with quality etc when you're putting stuff into your body.

Nicotine isn't so easy, sure you can buy low strength 'shots' easy enough for a premium, I'm still looking for a reputable supplier who will sell 72mg strength, I still have 1 litre left and will have to cross that bridge when I come to it.

silk186 likes this.
  17. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I tend to stick to specific flavours these days: Clara-T or Red Astaire (both T-Juice), or Heisenberg (Vampire Vape).

EDIT: I mix my own at around 88% VG. Basically the only PG I use is the flavour concentrate...

I didn't think you could buy it at more than 10mg under TPD? I still have a buttload of 72mg nic (~300ml) and I'm in no danger of getting through it any time soon - I've only used ~200ml since last April.

18. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

20mg is the limit now iirc, but every one is doing stupid 'shots' now, they're way under the limit and there's good money in them.
    72mg can still be had, the legality could be questionable though, very murky grey area, I think I've found one supplier who I trust with pharma grade stock, but the minimum order is 2 litres...

19. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I'll stop short of actually linking it, but I've just posted a marketplace thread that may or may not be of interest to regulars of this particular thread :thumb:

20. silk186

silk186 Derp

Why don't you organize a group buy? If you re-bottle it in say 50-250ml lab-grade plastic bottles it wouldn't take long depending on the price.
    Honestly, I don't know what size bottles are ideal or how you mix. Some have eye-drop style lids which could be convenient in a manageable size.
    If you set minimum buy at 200ml it would cut down on the hassle of shipping to too many people. If you re-bottle, package and ship to everyone at once it shouldn't be too much work.

UK Vaping Laws 2017
    Maximum refill containers can not exceed 10ml.
    Maximum nicotine strength of 20mg.

I've not seen anywhere that sells the large bottles of 0% juice that is available outside of the EU.