1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Any 'vapers' out there?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sentinel-R1, 13 May 2013.

1. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

The darker the liquid the quicker they'll kill a coil.

2. silk186

silk186 Derp

3. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Any sweet liquids are going to kill coils faster than others. I wouldn't worry too much though. It's not a huge reduction in lifespan .

If you're buying the ready made flavour boss bottles, then yeah, add Nic and vape!

4. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Them's the badgers.
    Up to you if you want to trust an ebay source..

5. silk186

silk186 Derp

Do you recommend another seller with competitive prices on 100ml bottles of nic?
    Ebay also has BOX of 20 Lucemill NICOTINE SHOTS for £15. Is that similar to the price in a store?

Last edited: 15 Mar 2018
  6. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Most of my sweet liquids are OK. It's the dark ones.. Boy, they literally caramelise and turn into black clumps. I have noticed though that for the first couple of vapes it does not do this, only when the coil gets super hot.

7. silk186

silk186 Derp

Vault-Tec likes this.
  8. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

No idea on nic shots as hey really aren't my bag
    And I can't recommend any other supplier of 100mL @ 72mg/ml, when I'm talking about nic suppliers I'm looking at buying it @ 1 litre at a time

9. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

If you're buying Lucemill nic shots, buy them direct from Lucemill. They're UK based and sell direct to public. I use them for my pre-mix. Are you happy with calculating how much nic you need to use to get to a desired final strength?

10. Vault-Tec

Guys, quick question.. OK so I am now on my second bottle of 72mg nic. It does me 500ml (100ml of nic) so I don't feel like buying more. Any way, I am pretty darn sure the first batch I got was VG. Mostly because it went through the needle OK when I injected it into the bottle of juice. However, this PG stuff I have now is like snot. Is that normal? I did see something that said VG was better for sub ohm vaping so I just ordered another bottle of VG nic, just to stock up on supplies.

Also, and I apologise if this is TMI but... PG is the one that makes water wee out of your nose right? and VG is the one that gives you the large brownish clear "ciggy bogies". Is that correct?

11. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Would be the other way around. VG will be much harder to put through a needle than PG.

12. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

And to answer your rather grim question, which would also be the other way around... it's VG that makes your nose run.

Just to clarify though, your 100ml bottle of 72mg nic only makes you 500ml of juice???? So you're vaping at nearly 15mg final strength?

13. Vault-Tec

OK cool thanks man. I suffer from a dry nose any way, due to one of my meds. I mean, I never had the runniest nose and had to have my adenoids removed as a kid and ever since then I had a dry nose any way. But yeah, Quetiapine really dries your nose out and Pregabalin really dries your mouth out so I am constantly sipping all day.

14. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Finally managed to get round to buying a Drop RDA and holy crap is it good.

Bought some twisted flat wire as well at the same time, did 2 coils 3.5mm x 6 wraps came out at .2ohm and running them at 90w and the flavour and clouds are insane.

I like this so much that my tank's have been shelved and this Drop RDA is going to be what I use unless, I am on a long drive somewhere.

Tried some different juices in it this morning, and I am actually able to pick up different flavours in the juices now, like the Tutti Fruity one before just tasted bland and I had an allergic reaction, tried it this morning and I picked up the Banana flavour which is what I had a allergic reaction to.

Tried a skittles flavour and again I pick up some individual flavours, so I have ordered some different juices this morning to try some different flavours.

I know people use to tell me that a dripper is the best way to get the full flavour but I never believed them, as the Tsunami RDA I had before didn't change the flavours but this Drop RDA is immense and it holds so much cotton and juice, I can get up to 20 or more hits of it before having to drip again.

15. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Drippers are the only way to get the purest flavour from your eliquids. Admittedly, some of the older ones were rubbish, but anything released in the last few years is going to be on-par with the others. It's all about the wick and wire you use really. Airflow plays a part, but not as much as the build inside.

I've found that the drip wells inside RDAs can have a negative effect if they're too deep as they don't wick the juice from the deepest parts and you're left with stale juice. 5 or 6mm is about optimal in my experience, if you're using decent wicking material. I've tried a lot, but the best I've come across so far is Cotton Bacon Prime. You can vape it pretty much back to bone dry white, it wicks that well.

16. Spanky

Spanky Multimodder

Anyone into making their own DIY juice?? Would be nice to hear from anyone for recipes etc to help a beginner out. I realize theres lots of forums out there but wondered if any Bit-techers are doing anything interesting

17. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

I've been making my own juice for over 3 years now. Tried lots of companies flavours but the two I exclusively use now are Flavour Boss (https://flavour-boss.co.uk/) and Drip Hacks (https://www.driphacks.com/)

For VG/PG basemix, I only use Lucemill (https://www.lucemill.com/)

Buy yourself a quantity of premixed VG/PG to a ratio of your liking. I purchase 5 litres of 80/20 each time - then buy yourself a 'Boss Shot' flavouring if using Flavour Boss, or a 'One Shot' if using Drip Hacks. I buy 500ml shots normally as they improve with age, or steep as it's known.

A bottle shot is essentially a largely empty bottle, of whatever volume you purchase, with flavouring in the bottom. All you need do is pour in your premix to the fill line and add your nicotine to strength, shake and then that's it.

I've not had a bad flavour from either Flavour Boss or Drip Hacks. Flavour Boss do some weird and wonderful stuff and creamy flavours very well. Drip Hacks' fruit flavours are hard to beat.

18. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I did to pay my travel expenses in college before leaving to join here. What do you want to know?

19. Spanky

Spanky Multimodder

Just what people are smoking and if they are making some good juice / flavours etc. I spent wayyy too much on premium juice ... a lot that turned out not to be so premium after all .. Ive bought some pre mixed 70/30 and just trying to make something thats relatively smokeable.

Thing is you buy all these juices to try and realistically you only really want to be smoking the stuff you enjoy. Some im buying some concentrates from Rainbow vapes .. trying to get some recipes from reputable vape sites etc.

So far .... Ive knocked up 20ml of Jam on toast .. took a couple of tries but giving it a week to steep. (these are not one shots btw) Made 20ml Apple & blackcurrent & going to get busy with a Forest Fruit tonight.

I know patience and the learning curve are key here!! But if anyone has a daily ( without it being americanised ... Marshmellow etc in everything ) then would be nice to hear/trying some good recipes and seeing what comes.

20. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Here are my 'go to' concentrates:
    • Red Astaire (T-Juice): Red berry menthol with aniseed; absolutely gorgeous stuff, but I think it's a bit of "marmite" flavour for some.
    • Clara-T (T-Juice): Like Red Astaire, but a lot less aniseed and a bit more menthol; a nice alternative to the full-on hit of Red Astaire.
    • Heisenberg (Vampire Vape): A mix of fruit and and a little aniseed with a serious menthol hit; absolutely perfect for an all-day vape.
    I know all of those have aniseed and that can really put some people off, but - except maybe for Red Astaire - it's really not overpowering. In fact I can barely taste it in Heisenberg or Clara-T, it's only really when I use either of those on a dripping atomiser that I can get the slightest hint of aniseed. They're all available pre-mixed if you want to try them out first, but I don't think T-Juice do high-VG versions of Clara-T or Red Astaire; I can't go over 30% PG these days, it's too much.