1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows Anyone else excited about this? (Game of Thrones)

Discussion in 'General' started by Pookeyhead, 18 Jun 2010.

1. rici1241

rici1241 Minimodder

2. rollo

rollo Modder

Tv show will catch up to the books before he releases the next one at this rate.

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

He's repeatedly said they won't. :clap:

Last edited by a moderator: 13 Jan 2014
  4. rollo

rollo Modder

He said the book was coming for 5 years before it finally did arive. So ill take what he says with a pinch of salt.

5. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

So just watched the first episode of season 4, found it a little slow and flat in places as it seems it just teasing for the next few episodes but a good ending.

6. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

I recorded the 2am show on Monday morning and was about 30 minutes in before I realised there hadn't been a single ad break and there wasn't for the whole show.

Bloody well done Sky Atlantic!!! I hope it continues.

Regarding the episode being flat/slow in places, its setting up some damn good scenes in the coming episodes.

7. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Yeah, the first episode is very much about re-establishing where the characters all are, what they're doing and just bringing watchers back up to speed after what has been a year.

8. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

So chuffed this is back on

9. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

I watched the 9/10 showing and the adverts where all in, may have to record for 2am in future.

10. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

BTW, if you don't take things too seriously, take a wander over to the Game of Thrones video by Honest Trailers on You Tube.

Personally I found it quite funny but just in case its not appreciated I won't post the link, you can find it yourself. That way I won't feel like I've led anyone into the temptation of "must click that link".

11. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

This is a major spoiler, so don't hover over if you haven't seen all of season 3:

I watched S04E01 last night and can't remember the part where Jon Snow escaped from the Wildlings. I didn't have time to go back through S03 episodes to find out so can anyone refresh my memory? Then again it's been so long since I watched season 3 that I almost forgot about Catelyn getting her throat cut. I haven't read the books by the way.

12. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

I think it was Episode 8 or 9, i re-watched S03E10 and thats when he got shot full of arrows, so he must have escaped in the episode 8 or 9. It was after they scaled the wall and they were south of the wall

13. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Hamfunk is correct.

I had a two-part season 3 marathon over the two Sundays immediately preceding the showing of Episode 1 of Season 4. S03E04 is still the best one!

Burnt by dragons. Winner!

14. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Ah I remember it now, thanks. I might have a catch up on last seasons final few episodes before S4E2 airs :)

15. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

First episode summary
    The thenns were crap, the accent changed every time he spoke
    Dany is still mega annoying
    The Arya and Hound bit at the end was great, but so help me if they plan to cut out Arya's trip abroad.....
    Can't wait for the PW

16. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Point 3, wouldn't that be a bit too big of a tangent from the books, seems to be a pretty big part in the book.

Not sure if this would be spoiler or not so I'll tag it anyway.
    Also, what's happened to Daario Naharis, the previous guy played that part so well and seemed to fit perfectly. New one, MEH.
    And Oberyn doesn't quite fit with the image I had from the book, no idea why but I seemed to get an almost elf like impression from the book.

17. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

They changed actor, because the original dude had a clash with some film or other, and he chose the film over GoT.

I think the casting for Oberyn is terrible. I get it, Dorne is basically Mediterranean in terms of culture, but the guy isn't threatening at all. He just seems to be some 'lad' rather than a fearsome warrior.

18. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Is that not part of Oberyn though, that he doesn't seem threatening until it's too late?
    I don't recall that much detail about Oberyn though, and have read a bunch of other fantasy stuff since so may just be muddling up stuff.

I suppose it's difficult for a TV representation to live up to the books, as they are very large books with a wealth of detail in the writing, and everyone will have formed their own opinions and images of the characters.

19. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

I'll have all the chickens!

20. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

That scene was great haha I love the relationship between them two!