1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows Anyone else excited about this? (Game of Thrones)

Discussion in 'General' started by Pookeyhead, 18 Jun 2010.

1. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

What are you watching it on Cei?

I had no issues, I'm running it on a 4k Sony tv/roku and or my ipad. (bt infinity 2)

2. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

PS4, connected to a 40" Sony. BT Infinity 2 at 76/18 speeds. The quality drops can only be due to capacity issues on NowTV's end, and the compression artifacts are because they've tried to drop the file size as low as is possible.

3. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Seen the first 4 episodes and whilst I won't mention spoilers etc, I will be watching them again at 1080p.

4. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

I've given up on Now TV, thought it was crap. I was quite looking forward to the prospect of watching it legitimately as it came out, well screw that. I'll pick up the box set as usual when it's released down the line, they can take my money then. For now I'll take less legitimate methods so that I can watch it at all.

5. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Watched the first episode today on sky, not a bad start though with the amount of story lines not too much happening in each yet.

6. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

So, Episode 2?

Firstly, NowTV can go do one with live streaming. Episode barely worked at all, had about 6 bits of buffering and it eventually died 20mins in. However, the discovery was then made that because Sky bowed to pressure and simulcast Episode 2 onwards with the US release (so, 0200 on Monday) the episode is actually available on catch up.

Watched it, was perfect. So yeah, NowTV users, don't bother with the live feed, just get it on catch up any time on Monday after about 0330.

The episode itself?
    More start of season establishments and reminders really - where are the characters? However, I did enjoy
    Arya's arrival at the House of Black and White and the banter between Tyrion and Varys vis the box. Also the deviations from the books are now massively apparent - Jon's appointment as the Lord Commander was totally different (but achieved the same end), and Brienne's story arc is now being totally made up, to the point where I'm really confused as to where they're going to take her.

7/10. Not enough stabbing.

7. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Episode 2 was just more story recap which possibly could have been covered in episode 1, it was quite a quite episode.

8. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Is it just me, or are the episodes just turning into padding? presumably till the next book comes out.

Also
    is that how the stonemen encounter happens in the book? I thought it was later in the arc and with other/more characters

9. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I'm hoping they're just building the story /characters for the next cull.

10. law99

law99 Custom User Title

correct.

I'm liking it, because it is different enough that I don't know what is coming. Although, I'm sure there is a few things that they can't avoid... for those that haven't read it, certain, characters, that'll have to go soon enough.

11. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Its interesting the changes they have made, as the show has departed away from the books- lots of different events and character changes, though how long until the tv show moves past the current books?

Last edited: 14 May 2015
  12. hyperion

hyperion Minimodder

I'm guessing that the title of this episode was meant to be ironic in Weiss and Benioff's twisted kind of way.

13. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Not having bothered reading the books, I am expecting Theon (sp?) to break his conditioning and stick a knife in Ramsey's ear anytime now...

It'll be kind of gratifying, but also a little disappointing - the show needs it's nasty people. It was fantastic to watch Joffrey's demise, but I do miss the hateful little shite.

14. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

At this point, having read the books isn't the advantage it used to be! Who knows what will happen at Winterfell but it doubt it will be resolved this season.... :miffed:

15. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Yeah, it takes the piss that they seem to be stringing things out on a season that is only 10 episodes long - the TV equivalent of cutting smack with baby powder?

Regardless, it does feel "thinner" than before, so this season needs to pick up a bit IMO, or it will likely be my last.

16. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

I can see why they had that ending - was it really any less shocking than red wedding?

17. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Right after watching, I was of the same opinion, "God this is going slow". But then once I thought about all the events that had happened in the episode, it didn't seem quite as slow.

There's at least 6 character arcs being followed per episode, so in an hour you've only really got ~10 minutes for each arc. It's also moved away from bloody warfare to more subtle things.

Jonathan Pryce is playing the High Sparrow very well, but I can't not think of the James Bond villain he played every time he speaks, :D

I'm still not convinced with Aryas storyline once she goes to Braavos, even in the books I could never really believe/understand it, I can't really see her becoming one of the many faced gods people.

18. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Haha he'll always be Elliot Carver to me!

19. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Episode 7 was pretty decent apart from
    Aemon on the funeral pyre which was the worst CGI ever!

Alot of jigsaw pieces falling together
    So happy cersei was finally confronted by the high sparrow!

20. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

And
    the sex scene between Gilly and Sam :rolleyes: