1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows Anyone else excited about this? (Game of Thrones)

Discussion in 'General' started by Pookeyhead, 18 Jun 2010.

1. Tichinde

Tichinde Active Member

Yep....damn o_O

2. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

O.M.G.

3. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit No longer the other Brett.

So far so good, don't know who to root for.

4. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Oink!

Yep... one of the best episodes of the entire show so far IMO. Also agree with yoda - I know that Jaime is a Lannister and a bit of a ****, but I really like the camaraderie between him and Bronn and it'll be sad to see their (inevitable) demise.

5. David

David Take my advice — I’m not using it.

I don't understand why Dany only brought out Drogon - she could have flanked the Tarly & Lannister amy, burnt the **** out of them and routed the rest.

It was telling as Jamie watched one Dothraki jump off his horse and kill three or four soldiers before being killed himself - 40,000 like that and three dragons!?

Also, what kind of commander doesn't have scouts and or riders on the hills and ridges when the army stops for chow in a valley with a river at their back?

Quote of the season: "your people can't fight"

Arya is a real badass now, and I'm kinda hoping she pokes Needle through Little Finger's eye - he's the one main character that I have absolutely no time for.

Jon doesn't trust him and he also now knows that Bran can see through him so he's a real threat to the Stark family again.

Last edited: 9 Aug 2017
  6. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

1. Because Drogon is the only one she can reliably control. Also, drama.
    2. Indeed. Westeros should be bricking it.
    3. Let's be honest, this is not supposed to be uber-realistic medieval warfare. First, it's fantasy, not medieval. Second, who says the Dothraki haven't been RIF'ing and killing the Lannister/Tyrell scouts?
    4. Seemed a bit cocky when you have air superiority and a MASSIVE psychological advantage. I'm waiting for Ser Jorah's "don't f**k with armoured knights" thing to come back and bite the Dothraki in the rear some time this season. That line wasn't dropped for no reason.
    5. Yep, looking forward to Arya doing something cool -- not much from her since she did the Freys in Ep1. Struggling to see what role LF really has now. His usual brand of politics and manipulation aren't working in the North, and the time for subtleties is past, with the White Walkers and Dany's army more or less at hand. I think he'll have some sort of poor reaction to Bran's revelation and/or Sansa's newfound badassery and someone will off him. I'm similarly concerned for Varys, but at least he is a formal ally of one of the main players, not a scheming outsider.

7. SkiDave

SkiDave Active Member

Such a good episode!

Here's a pretty cool look at the behind the scenes of the battle.

8. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Well-Known Member

9. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Well-Known Member

A few weeks late, but I found a little something on Reddit - Look at the doorway in the background at 1:14, around the time Arya says "mother".
    I doubt anything will come of it; It's probably just an easter egg, but it warms my oysters, clams and cockles to know it's there.

10. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Is it meant to be the revived corpse of her mother from the books?

11. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Oink!

If it was just once I'd say it was insignificant, but it happens again around the 2:00 mark. Masterful is what it is.

Anybody else naughty and watch episode six already?

12. David

**raises hand**

The penultimate episodes are always OMG-fests - I couldn't wait. :blush:

LennyRhys likes this.
  13. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Oink!

I hear ya mate lol - I had already decided I was going to be good and wait, but within a few hours of having made that decision I was sitting watching it with a huge boner. :grin:

14. Byron C

Byron C No liability accepted as a result of this post

Well spotted, I didn't see that...

Oh yes. Oh **** yes. Oh ****ing **** yes. Worth it. ****ing. Worth. It.

LennyRhys likes this.
  15. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Don't really like the way Aryas going, I can sort of understand a little of the behaviour but just doesn't seem right to keep on with.

Hope someone just does in littlefinger soon, getting to be even more of a c**t.

16. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Same they seem to be stringing out her hatred issues for too long. I reckon we will see little finger dispatched soon enough just a case of how an who's face she will use.

17. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Oink!

Don't read if you don't want spoilers!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! I felt the last episode pretty slow moving to begin with but he twists are brutal...especially Littlefinger's much anticipated demise. Also, I'm definitely liking Jaime a little bit more now and it'll be interesting to see how that narrative will play out in S8. It's good to see Cersei being the hateful, vengeance-filled, self-serving bint that she is...I must admit I was a little surprised but not disappointed.

Also, more incest... oh well. Not everyone's cup of tea but we all saw it coming (hue hue hue).

(Warning: rant incoming)

The only thing I didn't like (mostly because it was SO PREDICTABLE and SO NAFF) was the closing shot with the Night King on the dragon, and now the dragon is breathing bright blue fire - such an awesomely original idea!!!one!11. Art direction for this segment is a big let-down IMO... it all feels very much like a Disney/World of Warcraft mashup and is totally incongruous to the portrayal of the Army of the Dead we've seen hitherto. Less Frozen, more Game of Thrones please. Oh, and stop stealing creatures from existing franchises. :sigh:

[​IMG]

18. jrs77

jrs77 Well-Known Member

Last edited: 2 Jan 2018
  19. Byron C

Byron C No liability accepted as a result of this post

Also spoilers ;).

True, but it also kinda looks like the Ice Dragon from the book of the same name:

[​IMG]

Maybe they did borrow a bit from elsewhere, but... it's a zombie dragon, what other sort of direction can you go with it?

In any case I loved that episode. I honestly didn't think that Sansa had spent all that time in King's Landing and still could not realise what Littlefinger was doing; evidently Bran filled in some of the gaps there. The bit where Arya & Sansa are stood on the walls of Winterfell plucked at the heart strings a bit :). Also it's good to see Theon growing a pair again and shaking off Ramsay's influence.

And when the episode is called 'The Dragon and the Wolf' you pretty much know what's gonna happen by the end of it - just imagine what he'll think about it if/when he finally learns the truth of his birth :D.

20. David

I asked a week ago, on another forum, just how long it would be before Arya cut Littlefinger's throat, and fully expected it to happen sooner rather than later - it seemed to me that his character arc had nowhere else to go and I guessed that the Stark girls were playing him at his own game.

Theon's quest for redemption looks to be the final outing for him too, IMO

Kinda surprised we didn't see Bron head north with Jamie.

Finally, I was wondering if Sansa would be required to execute Sam for desertion of his duty. However, if there isn't a wall there can't be a watch to stand on it.