1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows Anyone else excited about this? (Game of Thrones)

Discussion in 'General' started by Pookeyhead, 18 Jun 2010.

1. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

There's not a single good person left in this show. They've all been going to the same moral barometer shop, and clearly all the stock is broken.

2. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Question from a friend, how the hell has Davos managed to not die, hes not a good fighter but always goes at the front of things. Magical onions or something

3. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

Was that really hands dirty though? They betrayed the Lord commander of the night's watch and murdered him. Treason or no?

4. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

The point was made in comparison to Daenerys' reactions to aggressors. If Jon is guilt-free then Daenerys is guilt free; If Jon got his hands dirty then Daenerys is no more mad than anyone else.

5. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

Ah I see.

6. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Exactly how are the thousands of innocent civilians, that she barbecued in the city, aggressors?

Byron C likes this.
  7. VipersGratitude

I was referring to everything prior to that. Some say that her heel turn was telegraphed, but she was no worse than the best of Westeros. Firm but fair.

8. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

My bad, it was the three cities attacking Mereen in season 5-6 that she intended to put to fire and sword after they send the fleet to attack Mereen. Tyrion's response amounts to 'erm, that's a lot of people to kill for the sake of a few rich slave masters,' and that time she agrees.

9. legoman

But in this case no one was there to reign her in so she just went ahead with project drogon BBQ

10. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Out of the both of these I think AC/DC's Hell's Bells works best. But I'm really not a fan of AC/DC, so my favourite has to go to Metallica :thumb:

11. liratheal

So, since the day has come, there's been some debate here as to what's going to happen. I'm reckoning;

Jon kills Danny, Dragon kills Jon, Arya kills Dragon, and Wheels looks off at a weird angle while being entirely vague about something, Dwarfypants commits suicide when finding his pancaked siblings.

12. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

So I'm not up to date (now 2 series behind), and whilst I've not seen many spoilers etc, I have heard lots of bad things about this series, without going into details, wondering if people here agree the latest series (last?) has really been bad or people just didn't like decisions made etc.

13. liratheal

I think the general consensus is that the last few series have changed because there's no book to adapt - The show writers are taking GRRM's ideas into consideration, but are largely fending for themselves.

Which, given they've had an end-date in mind, means they've had a lot of things going down that the fans of the books disagree with because it's very quick changes of mind and character.

Honestly, I can't tell much of a difference other than it feels more rushed than it did before. Or, perhaps, a little less meandering than before.

14. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Pfft, you know nuthin, Terry...
    Sam Tarly will sit on the Iron throne
    You heard it here first!

liratheal likes this.
  15. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Well that was...

Meh. Tbh, they didnt have many places they could go. It felt like that scene at the end of the film where they try and tidy everything up, but always feels forced; or maybe the "where are they now" credit sequences. Not sure what else they could've done, but i think a few too many characters survived/ended up in rather strange places.

EDIT:
    Actually, it felt like they're setting things up for spin offs, and sequels - Arya and the Voyages of the Dawn Trader; Drogon and his Doll go travelling; Jon, King of the North (of the Wall)...

16. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

As mentioned previously, I haven't watched the show since the end of season 5, but it appeared to me that the more they tried to shoe-horn typical "magic and dragons" fantasy into the show, the worse it got.

Basically, it's all Dany's fault.

17. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Having not read the books I was sad to see when the magic/fantasy was shown to be real rather that rumour type thing, as I was enjoying it as a medieval fiction.

I'll get round to catching up at some point I'm sure :p

18. legoman

Drogon an his doll would only be one season at most, decomposing peoples tend to fall apart.

19. VipersGratitude

MTV's Game of Thrones :sigh:

20. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Without the books and without the time there wasn't much for them to go by.

All things considered the season was alright, the final episode was predictable seeing all the hullabaloo was in the previous episodes, and even though this season isn't something I'd consider re-watching, it was alright.

I believe GRRM will take a different route however, as this ending wasn't in his tone. I hope he sticks around long enough to finish them.