1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows Anyone else excited about this? (Game of Thrones)

Discussion in 'General' started by Pookeyhead, 18 Jun 2010.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Indeed: his route appears to be cashing the cheques then spending his time knocking off Event Horizon for Netflix...

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

All I can say having seen it now is:

Peter Dinklage is the best actor in the show I reckon. The most consistently believable performances and the most memorable ones.

LennyRhys and Byron C like this.
  3. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

[​IMG]

Everyone knows that honour goes to Ghost.

MLyons and liratheal like this.
  4. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Corrected that for you... :p

liratheal likes this.
  5. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Well, just about every moment in that episode was telegraphed before it happened.

It's sorta nice that the Starks end up running everything, but it was far too twee for my liking.

6. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

I belive in they biz they call it foreshadowing, rather than predictable

7. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Definitely very different from the previous episode... would have felt a lot more Martin-esque GoT if more main characters died, however I think it tied up the loose ends quite nicely. The big question was answered: why was Jon brought back? Not to rule, but to deliver the people from yet another tyrant. I'm not sure anyone else would have been able to get close enough to Dany to kill her.

Even if the story doesn't really permit spin-offs, we'll definitely see spin-offs, because...revenue.

8. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Was hopeful that Drogon would accept Jon as his new master towards the end.

9. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

My great hope for the ending was that Rhaegal would officially become Jon Snow's dragon and that the finale would be a face off between Drogon and Rhaegal after Jon killed Dani, either with a mutual kill or Drogon unexpectedly losing when everyone else stabbed the big scaly git with anything and everything. Cue John Snow and the nice(ish) Dragon flying off into the sunset to fight evil wherever they find it.

OR

I hoped that having flattened King's landing Daenerys would be all peace bitches I'm going back to Mereen, you evil bastards can figure out how to kill each other in peace while I go back to prosperity and happiness in my actual kingdom that no longer has to worry about Westerosi or zombies.

But that is the problem with this kind of thing. Everyone has their own ideas for the ending and no matter what the writers won't get it right. I do think they rushed the ending (despite having an extra year to write and produce it), mostly I was disappointed with how quickly they disposed of the zombie horde and the dragons, they were exciting damnit!

10. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Did it tickle anyone else that Tyrion talked about how stories make kings, about a character that's been second-string-at-best as this particular story was told over the last 8 years?

I also would have preferred a hard-stop just after they finished talking about brothels at the high table... i.e. back to business as usual. We already knew what was happening to all of the characters, the additional 10 minutes of individual epilogues was unnecessary and not in any way memorable IMO.

Generally though, I'm not going to complain about it - I enjoyed this last season, and whilst the timeline between ep3 and ep5 seemed really rushed in particular, I'd rather that than most shows where they just start to drag towards the end.

LennyRhys likes this.
  11. liratheal

A lot about that last episode tickled me. Like captain no-genitals saying no more speaking only for Dwarfy to launch into a long winded speech. For them to pick the most absent minded bloke on the panel of lords as the king, for them to really rub in the cripple bit (why not just call him crippy boy king at that point), and for everyone to just conveniently forget Jon isn't Jon but dragonfeeler extreme while sending him off to a pointless wall (which is also broken) castle. Eh. If I was a fan I'd be kind of pissed that the last episode seemed more about setting up spin off series than being an ending. As it is, I'm just glad it's over.

12. Mister_Tad

You seem to by pretty involved in discussion and bang-up-to-date on episodes for not being a fan...

Not watching it was an option, you know.

I'm growing fatigued a few episodes into House of Cards season 6... so I'm not going to watch it any more.

just sayin' :p

13. David

Haven't they already started on a prequel series?

14. liratheal

Aye. As mentioned elsewhere, I'm mad that I can even have an opinion after the first season. The lady watches it, and while I often play switch during the episodes, she likes us commenting on things, so short of being a douche I kind of don't have a choice. Especially since I've "made" her watch TV she isn't fond of too.

God knows. I'd not be surprised if they had.

Last edited: 21 May 2019
  15. Mister_Tad

Oh man, you've one of those couples. My commiserations.

Although it could be worse for you, a couple of my mates are force fed dancing and love island on a regular basis.

16. David

You should tell them there's a way out. They just need to grow a spine. ;)

17. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Last I heard, there was discussion of a series that basically leads up to Robert's rebellion against Aerys and the events that set up the start of GoT.

Would be a welcome return to the old style of mostly politics, subterfuge and not resorting to dragons to get anything done...

18. Mister_Tad

No skin off my back, it's its own punishment for not doing so.

19. liratheal

Not for everything, I must stress. Weird **** like Gilmore Girls or Pitch Perfect or those 90's rom-coms I refuse to be around for, in much the same way she refuses to be around for Futurama or GiTS or something.

With GoT I find the whole thing entirely insipid for various reasons, but not enough to outright refuse to be in the same room as it.

It also doesn't help that our living arrangement at the moment is somewhat.. Room-restricted because I'm not working, and thus, we can't afford something where one of us can sod off somewhere else for an hour or six.

20. Mister_Tad

Dude.
    Gilmore Girls is a masterpiece, how dare you.