1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows Anyone else excited about this? (Game of Thrones)

Discussion in 'General' started by Pookeyhead, 18 Jun 2010.

1. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I refuse to accept that assertion of yours. That show is banal at best.

That's normally how we operate, too, but like I say the living situation at present doesn't help, and with GoT specifically she's always wanted to get in from work on a Monday night and crack on with the latest episode, so her (although it's not entirely fair to blame her - I often find it more entertaining watching things together too) desire to watch stuff together and my laziness of an evening have coincided.

I think it was the previous partner that introduced me to GoT all those years ago, and I didn't see more than perhaps half of season 2 before I said 'knackers to this' and saw nothing until my current lady decided she wanted to watch it some time last year.

2. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Damn dude... we stopped watching it at the end of Season 2, a decision we happily live with. Some shows just need to stop, and that was one of them (at the top of a very, veeeeery long list).

On the GoT subject, I get all the hatred for the last season but I thought it was good for the most part. Most of the people at the office are ranting about it, and my mates on WhatsApp are ranting about it. I think it makes people even more annoyed that there are those of us who actually liked the final season. Suck it, biatches!

3. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Just don't throw shade at Veronica Mars, then we're really going to have a problem.

I think I watched the first three seasons with vim, and then the two that followed as and when but sometimes with long gaps in between, and then this last one... just started watching it a few weeks ago because we felt like we should probably conclude, and it might even be good given they were forced to mix it up... but I'm not sure I can do it any more. It's really tanked. Although I did recently read that apparently it's very good and I'm just misguided (and possibly a male chauvinist pig), and the only reason it's tanking in the reviews is because it's getting review bombed by other male chauvinist pigs.

LennyRhys likes this.
  4. liratheal

I don't even know what one of those is

5. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

It's a 20-something Kristin Bell, so even before you get onto the (excellent) content, it can't be all that bad, right?

LennyRhys likes this.
  6. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

The first season of Veronica Mars is some of the best TV I've ever watched. In fact, I'm gonna watch it again lol!

7. liratheal

I've never been that into Kristen Bell. Something about tiny blonde women instils the same fear as cats and small dogs do - I'm concerned I'll tread on them and irreparably break them. Not sure why it's only blondes, though.

Last edited: 23 May 2019
    [ZiiP] NaloaC likes this.