1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows Anyone else excited about this? (Game of Thrones)

Discussion in 'General' started by Pookeyhead, 18 Jun 2010.

1. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Why change the name though? Change for change's sake?

However, glad it's got the third season good to go. I just hope they actually make it the entire way through without being cancelled!

2. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

From what I've read, the producers where worried that Asha and Arya sounded too alike, and could lead to confusion...

3. October

October Mariachi Style

It's ok it's on HBO, not Fox. They only cancel shows when they're finished creatively as they don't really count on ratings (due to being in a ridiculously small proportion of US households iirc).

4. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Actually, just read it's due to Asha/Osha (the wildling captured near Winterfell when they attacked Bran). Still, wish they didn't feel the need to dumb down!

5. mucgoo

mucgoo Minimodder

Rome and Deadwood?

6. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

I guess it is heartening that the next season being produced was decided within just a few days of the prior season's premiere. I just hope George R. R. writes a sixth novel and ties up loose story ends for a good ending. There's no doubt I would buy (and watch) if he goes further than a sixth novel.

The program is gritty, rough, violent and full of taboo story arcs, but isn't that life, especially in a fantasy world such as Westeros?

Last edited: 14 Apr 2012
  7. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

I think we'll be waiting a long while for the new book, GRR is incredibly slow... However, that said, the TV show may actually give him an impetus to get a wiggle on this time round. I'm expecting it to be another two-parter as well.

8. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Well at a season a year he has got a few years to write it still.

9. Kylevdm

Kylevdm The Mod Zoo Podcast Host

Just watched episode 3 and I have to admit I am not as fond of this season as I was with the last... they are starting to steer away from the books to make it more interesting on TV :(

10. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

I think that was kind of inevitable really - book two is just an interstitial book, setting the scene and getting people in place for the later books. Not a lot goes on in the first 2/3 of book 2, all the main action is in the last third - which probably doesn't make for compelling TV viewing.

11. October

October Mariachi Style

From what I've read Season 3 is where they're gonna break away from that slightly, there's too much in book 3 for one season apparently...

Must say episodes 1 & 2 haven't gripped me like the start of season 1 did. Maybe just because it isn't new any more...I think I miss Winterfell though.

12. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

I have enjoyed the show so far up to episode 3, though the lack of things happening may cause a drop in viewing numbers etc.

13. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

Introduction of new characters, etc. can be a little boring. It really is setting the scenes for what's to come up shortly. Battles, death, blood and more battles. Oh and growing dragons. ;P

14. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

Brienne Cheesecake!

Seriously - perfect casting. She's obviously a woman, but not a PYT. Yes, she is that tall in real life.

Is it me, or has Summer not grown as large as Ghost or Grey Wind?

The scene with Tyrion feretting out who could be trusted was excellently done. And when the drag Pycell off, and he pays the Whore off? Priceless.

15. October

October Mariachi Style

Agreed, Tyrion's easily the best thing about the show. I know there's plenty of good stuff coming, I just was hoping for a bit more from the start. I havn't read the books so all I know is based on the few days I spent on set.

16. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

...and you expect to leave a statement like that just hanging without any further elaboration...? :eeek:

17. mucgoo

mucgoo Minimodder

Do not watch episode four while eating.

18. Canon

Canon Reformed

Extra? AD? Effects? :D

19. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Haven't read the books yet so I don't know the answer to this yet, but what on earth did she give birth to?!!

Pretty sure I would rather find out by watching the show so I'll hang off reading the books to catch up.

20. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Wow, episode 4 was a total let down. How many deviations from the books can they do, whilst fitting in new unnecessary material?

1. We know Joff is an evil ass, no need to beat it in to us with whore thrashing.
    2. Jayne Westerling is not from Volantis, or a healer. Or in fact anything they showed.
    3. Arya becomes Roose Bolton's cupbearer, not Tywin's. In fact those two are never at Harrenhal at the same time.
    4. Davos takes Melisandre in a boat after the killing of Renly. Renly's death is supposed to be mysterious, that's the whole point. Instead, HBO explain it by mashing a later bit of story in.
    5. What was that scene with Daenarys outside Quarth? Terrible, that's what.

I am disappoint. After the first season staying faithful within reason, season 2 is just getting worse and worse.