1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disaster Anyone else forget things get hot?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Emon, 21 Jul 2004.

1. Emon

Emon What's a Dremel?

I do all the time. I had a small bolt in some lineman's pliers, I was grinding it flat on my bench grinder. It wasn't a straight surface so I pushed the bolt flush with the pliers. Using my finger. :rolleyes: Judgung by the fact that the metal had turned to that blue steel, and just the sheer pain (in comparison to a 215 watt soldering iron) I'd gauge that at at least 600-700 degrees. So now I have my finger in a bag of ice, typing with one hand plus a thumb.

I never get deep cuts like other guys I know, only 2nd degree burns. :rolleyes: This kind of thing happen to anyone else a lot?

2. Valimont

Valimont What's a Dremel?

well to make you feel a little bit better... once my soldering iron acidently fell of the table, and at the time it seemed like a good idea to catch it, so i did :duh:

aftermarth, i couldn't use that hand for at least a fortnight =D

3. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

Does anyone else think that burning flesh smells a bit like burnt chicken? :worried:

4. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

I hate the smell of burning flesh!

Yes soldering rions are hot, burning through the bedding in my room... :waah:

5. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

I had a similar thing happen modding a drive bezel..... hacking away at it with a dremel left it a bit on the toasty warm side. Too bad :/

Valimont, that's sure something I haven't heard of anyone doing before. Maybe that's why we intented soldering iron stands :)

Is it just me, or is disaster mods changing to painful stuff I did while modding?

6. Emon

Emon What's a Dremel?

Maybe we're getting in the habit of taking out mistakes on ourselves instead of our mods.