1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Anyone else getting emails for Christmas products already?

Discussion in 'General' started by Guest-16, 1 Oct 2007.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Can we have a global **** off button which we sent people or companies to if they send us emails about Christmas products or Christmas shopping already? It's the first of October and I've already got Creative PR sending me stuff about purchasing for the festive season.

I'm still denying that it's October already, but it's no where near the end of the year yet.

Can we make a part of the country or a community that doesn't want to have to suffer the continual two months of consumer-whorism that is the pre-christmas-christmas?? Please?

2. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Its horrible because I'm making these emails and promotions right now.. :(

What the client wants though, the client gets...

3. naokaji

naokaji whatever

i'm glad i dont receive any sort of spam email...

a email address i actually read for family and close friends and another one which i never read for everything else Cheesecake....

I have to agree with bindi, its far too early for christmas advertisments.

4. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Anything christmasy outside of december is annoying as hell. It's a single day, it shouldn't be in anyones minds for more than a few other days, and certainly not a quarter of the bloody year.

5. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

They are selling Christmas foods and gifts already in Sainsburys.

God help me.

6. whisperwolf

whisperwolf What's a Dremel?

Tesco are my personal most hated for christmas out of season, christmas cake and mince pies on the shelves at the start of september, ARGGGGGH!

7. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Was in Tescos today, they've got all their Christmas crap already, including things like crackers and Christmas puds. I mean, FFS, who buys Christmas puddings in October?

My birthday is 5 weeks before Christmas. As far as I'm concerned, the countdown doesn't start until my birthday's long gone.

Glad I don't get e-mails about it though, that might just see me go shoutycrackers at the PC... :eeek:

8. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

I have christmas emails and and ****ing post through the dooor GRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Its like 3months already grow up everyone is to damn greedy these days.

9. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

We at waitrose were filling the shelfs with both halloween and xmas stock today. But as a supermarket its fairly understandable really to have the stock in and on sale fairly soon.

Sam

10. sam.g.taylor

sam.g.taylor Apparently I'm Greg Kinnear

When I was a kid, Halloween was Halloween, and Santa wasn't poking his a** INTO IT!!
    -Lewis Black

Even though I've grown up in this highly commercialized age, I completely sympathize. I guess this is just one of the effects of huge corporate entities trying to outvie the other for the first customers (not unlike how our states are moving presidential primaries earlier and earlier). It's not the little private stores that provoke this, it's the large multinationals (I have a few bones to pick with them anyway, a la Steinbeck.)

11. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

I wish there was a choice wither you want to participate in the Christmas-thing or not.

Christmas have become a commercial holiday, and nothing else. People stress like hell to get presents, and some have or get economical trouble just because of all this. I want to have the option to not buy anything (and not get anything, because that would only make me feel bad).

I would rather buy something for the people i know at other times of the year. It gets more personal and special then.

</semi rant>

12. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

At my work, we have the BBQ stuff, with the christmas stuff next to that, followed by halloween stuff. I find it stupid to be honest, and to make it worse, we already have a christmas area in the staff canteen

Grrrrrrr....

13. whisperwolf

whisperwolf What's a Dremel?

not when you have a best before date of nov 30th 07 on the mince pies it isn't

14. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

Just TigerDirect stuff for me right now. Blah.

15. Techno-Dann

Techno-Dann Disgruntled kumquat

Nope, nothing in my spam-trap except the usual organ enlargement, stock quote, and 419 scams.

16. RTT

RTT #parp

I can't wait to add Christmas to the swear filter again :D

Bah ****ing humbug!

17. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

I've just bought (and eaten) my first mince-pies of the season, had an Xmas pudding a few weeks ago, and we've lots of BOGOF tins of Quality Street ready to wrap up.

Ho Ho Ho - Bring it on down! [​IMG]

18. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

Personally I think midnovember is an acceptable time for all the xmassy stuff to start rolling out, more for the advent calenders etc.... but if the product go out of date before xmas day then that's just freaking silly.

19. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

:hehe: Yeah so it's not Xmas for a few more months but any chance to have a bit of xmas cake or mince pie early, can't be bad. I'll take the cakes and the pies, but you can keep your filthy spam santa.:D

20. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Nah, our corridoor outside our main office is stacked full with Mince Pies, and all with end dates of like March 08, so its ok for now.

Sam

Tags: