1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Anyone ever seen Spray on glass paint?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by RiPz, 15 Dec 2004.

1. RiPz

RiPz What's a Dremel?

Glass paint is pretty transparent... and paints on smooth surfaces pretty well.... i was thinking...

this might give a pretty nice anodized looking efect is applied evenly to a peice of metal... then clearcoated, would be pretty touch too.... problem being.. i've only EVER seen glass paint as a brush on material... anyone else ever seen spray on glass paint... or can think of another alternative ?.. something that wont make the metal dull, but add colour to it.. still being able to see the texture of the metal clearly...

Any ideas ?

\\RiPz//

2. Yerg2k

Yerg2k What's a Dremel?

Maybe this is what you're looking for... I used crystal clear enamel for my radiator enclosure. It is clear, but adds a gloss to any bare metal. I'm not sure that it will dullen the metal, and it certainly doesn't colorize it any. Still, it looks nice with paint underneath.

3. Shrapnill

Shrapnill What's a Dremel?

I would imagine the biggest problem (if youre doing REAL annodized alum) would be adhesion. Aluminum requires special etching prior to painting.

However, a clear enamel seems to be what youre looking for, or if you want something think- a resin would give you a great coating and set up super smooth.

4. voodoo2k4

voodoo2k4 Ghetto Modder

Yes you can buy spray glass paints that are just like spray on stained glass and will adhere to mirror flat (mirrors if you want too) surfaces.

I used to work in a craft shop and sold them. Got a can of blue here infact, made by odds n ends i think. U know the people.

Deano.

5. voodoo2k4

voodoo2k4 Ghetto Modder