1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone got a X-FI i need help please

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Lucy2005, 20 Nov 2006.

1. Lucy2005

Lucy2005 What's a Dremel?

Hi thanks for taking the time to read my post :thumb:

Ok so its christmas prezzy time and im getting a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Music and a of Speedlink medusa pro gamer headset but i have a question regarding the connection of the two, the next two pictures confuse me

[​IMG]
    heres the connections from my headset (the usb is for power via my motherboard or the supplied adapter).

[​IMG]

now what confuses me is that on most soundcards that are 5.1/7.1 theres usually lots of inputs on the back of the cards in different colours for the different outputs (front, back, center etc) but this card only has 4 and one of them i can clearly see is a mic jack, and i know one of them must be a line in which leaves just 2 left to plug my 3 leads into :confused: so what do i do? do i get an adapter or can i configure which ones do what or should i just cancel the card and get a audigy 2?? i cant seem to find a manual or any info as to how it works so any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks for any help you can offer and im sorry if this is a dumb question :worried:

2. Lucy2005

its getting deliverd tommorow, i hadnt noticed that the connections at the back were like that until now oops...

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

The top most is the mic input but the manual and software will refer to the other three of what to put where. It was what Krik was trying to say, albiet with a little less tact :nono:

4. Lucy2005

5. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Mic/Line-in are the same port, methinks. What I can't get to work is the optical out. I've plugged a 3.5 (or whatever size it is) optical cable in and a toslink connection on the other end into my Logitech box and it doesn't discover an optical signal, no matter how I muck about with the sound settings. Works fine through analogue (rear/front/centre+sub).

6. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Sorry, late-night-posting syndrome.

Usually expensive cards have a config utility with a diagram telling you what to plug where.

7. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

There is a little color-coded sticker that comes with the card, but it's ugly.