1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors anyone got nos!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by pranks7er, 11 Aug 2003.

1. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

any one got nos engines

2. DeLorean5000

DeLorean5000 New Member

KAAABOOOO

lol

i had to say that:worried: :hehe:

I dont have NOS, but i wish i had it on my Nitro car:naughty: :hehe:

Nope i havent ever seen NOS on a car before...:)

3. xen0morph

xen0morph Bargain wine connoisseur

I don't need NOS, the NOS sticker gives me 150 more HP :hehe:

4. cderalow

cderalow bondage master!

i've though about running nos on my truck, but I'm afraid i'd kill myself as the only system that works well with the 351 is a pro-shot... and thats like an additional 150-500hp or something like that.... would surely equal death if i added 150hp to the obscene amount i all ready have... (dynoed it today after tweaking the exhaust over the weekened to obtain a thundering 575hp at the wheel now...)

5. DeLorean5000

DeLorean5000 New Member

LMAO! :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

Last edited: 22 Sep 2003
  6. |V| 4 L k i 3 R

|V| 4 L k i 3 R Member

I don't have nos in my car, but I have driven one that did. The sad part is that the only reason he put the nos in was to spool his turbo. For anyone who knows about drag cars...

USDOT Street Legal Car...
    11sec Automatic Trans 4cyl. and FRONT wheel drive

Now THAT was a fun (and INCREDIBLY hard) car to drive.

7. Ubermich

Ubermich He did it!

cderalow, what do you drive??? :eeek:

8. rK@NE

rK@NE Rover's gonna get it...

A friend of mine has NOS in his Mitsubishi Evo, it's great he's evem got a toggle switch on the dash like you'd find in a fighter jet with a flip up cover with the word "WARNING" written across it.

:D

9. cderalow

cderalow bondage master!

ford ranger with a blown, bored and mean 351 windsor monster torque, monster power.... 4 wheel drive with about 3" of ground clearance (on account of it being lowered a ton)

basically take a powerful big (5.8L) V8 engine, add a new cam, free flowing exhaust, bore it out to even bigger (in this case 380ci) add a set of four barrel carbeurators... and a lot of other little business tricks... and you get a loud, monsterous engine... in an itsy bitsy pickup truck, that's been lightened up, tubbed out (its got 16x10" wheels) and a nice big strong rear end (in this case the ford 9"... an american dragster classic) and you get a nice powerful truck that can go in a straight line extremely fast (think mid 10s) but is scary as all hell to drive in the rain or on a curvy road (handles like the pig that it is)

also costs a fortune to fill up at the gas pump

10. jon bda

jon bda New Member

Any pics available?, would love a Yank pick up...somewhere, after the lottery win, theres an F150 Lightning with my name on it...
    :D

11. |V| 4 L k i 3 R

|V| 4 L k i 3 R Member

Nice truck cderalow.....I can apprectiate what a 10sec 1/4mil is having driven an 11sec a/t talon....im building a 9sec talon right now. My goal is go into single digit e.t.s then add a 100 shot of nos and see where we go from there. All this on a 4cly 2.0L engine.

12. Drastik

Drastik New Member

how about a bazooka bass-tube nos bottle

13. Fatboy

Fatboy Bored

theres a rover near me believe it or not with nos and the number plate H1 2 NOS , ive seen it use it, its mentaal, doing rather high speeds over a bridge in a town centre. :lol:

14. m0nk3y

m0nk3y New Member

my dad has a mustang lx 92' convertiable with a custom built engine block @ 500hp 5.9L engine. Then flip the switch and get another instant 150hp! NoS!

15. Hyjnx

Hyjnx New Member

i got a friend with a stanrd v6 mustang whos putting a t-66 turbo on it at the end of october...and he said if he doesnt reach 11s hes hookin up a 100 shot...hes already gonna be pushing over 450 so...its gonna be sick..

nitrous kills the engine of ur car...each time u use it u run the car to the limits for a short amount of time, the more u do it the more limits are pushed then something just blows...weither u break a piston ring...blow a head gasket or just melt the crankshaft..somethings gonna break...forced induction is the way to go, "bottles are for babies id rather be blown"

16. Mombassaa

Mombassaa New Member

cant you feed Nos into the engine slowly , rather than in one blow? ive seen a pug 106 with a 230 Bhp RS Turbo engine in the back , with a 100 bhp Nos system, in one of my mag's , it looks ....mean :grr:

Tags: