1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone had any problems with the blankdiscshop?(UK)

Discussion in 'General' started by da-dude, 17 Aug 2005.

1. da-dude

da-dude What's a Dremel?

http://www.blankdiscshop.co.uk/

Ive been using them for years, and apart from a few packs of faulty discs ive always been happy with them.
    Until my last order which included 100 datawrite titanium 8X dvd-r's, which were on special offer at the time. When they arrived they were faulty, and despite firmware upgrades and trying to use different programs etc etc, they wouldnt complete a burn. So i contacted them and told them the problem. After a few e-mails, it was clear that they would need to be returned, so i filled out their rma form and sent it off, epxecting to hear from them soon.

6 days down the line, i get fed up of waiting, so mail them asking whats going on. By the time i get a reply, its time for me to go on holiday, so the rma is put on hold.
    one week later, i mail them asking for a pick up anyday. they ask which discs i want as a replacement (last time this happened i asked for more expensive discs and got them). This time they send an email back saying theyre only sending 35 replacement discs out.

Now that these have now arrived, im going to send these back too, because i ordered 100, not 35. they of course apologised for this, but now that they dont have 100 discs for the amount i paid originally, they wont send 100 out;

i find this appauling, given the length of time its taken to sort out, and the fact that if you order so many discs, you expect to get that many! Its not my fault their special offer isnt on anymore, and it isnt my fault the discs they sent were faulty!

this may sound like a pointless ramble, but its got me really wound up, and i was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience with them?

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I got 100 Datawrite Titaniums 8x. They wont do 8x and out of 15 so far one is so badly scratched out the box i cant use it. But for £15 for 100 datawrites i cant really complain.

Tbh, if it's happened before i think you need a new DVDRW mate cause ALL the disks ive ever bought from SVP have worked perfectly.
    Never had to RMA something though.

3. P2D

P2D 99.999% Pure Spam!

That sucks, they should either refund you 100% or send another 100 disks and then appologise tbh.

4. da-dude

da-dude What's a Dremel?

bindi - the writer is fine, i was saying ive had to rma to blankdiscshop before!!! they accepted that it was the discs fault, im complaining about what they did after this was established (btw i ordered on the 23rd July, best part of a month to get this sorted)

P2D - ive taken their offer of a full refund, but that doesnt quite compensate for the hassle this has given me, and the fact that i still cant back my hard drive up because i have no discs!

GRRRRR, gona go away and punch a wall......

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

100 of those disks are all of £15 though, not like they've refused to refund 100 Taiyno Yaidens at 70quid a pop.

I know it's not the principle of it but it's not worth getting overly worked up about imo.