1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Anyone have any scrap modder's mesh?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by fuzzylogic, 19 May 2004.

1. fuzzylogic

fuzzylogic What's a Dremel?

I know this sounds cheap but I was wondering if anyone had some leftover modder's mesh for use on this project http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?p=623417#post623417 . All I need is a 5.5" square. a 6" square would be even better. This should be small enough to fit in an envelope and send via regular snail mail which I would gladly pay for.

2. Xipher

Xipher What's a Dremel?

Just to let you know, I think you accedently double posted this thread.

3. fuzzylogic

I actually triple posted it, sorry about that. It happened because I made the post, Went to work on something else, Came back and tried to use the back button on my browser.... twice. Will a mod please delete the other two and accept my apology, this is the second time I've made a double post like that.

4. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

That is the most impressive fudge up I've seen here... Well done gov'na!

5. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

"modders mesh" as it's called in these circles can also be had at the local home improvement store. Just go there and ask for the metal mesh, There's usually some very similar or exactly the same for gutter screens, misquito nets etc

6. B|ing

B|ing What's a Dremel?

metal gutten screen cover should work perfect, I purchased some of it from lowes at about 1.95 a piece and the piece is like 24"x6"

7. fuzzylogic

Yeah but can you get this stuff in a hexagonal honeycomb pattern?

8. czechmodder

czechmodder What's a Dremel?

sorry this is kinda old but the perfect place to buy is mcmaster and carr(i think)
    http://www.mcmaster.com
    if you go on mnpctech.com, in the mod supply store its got all the measurements and description of the mesh. you can just search for it on mcmaster and buy a huge sheet, generally about 35$, which comes out to like 4-5$ per square foot.

9. Pug

Pug What's a Heatsink?

Or you could just buy it from mnpctech. :rolleyes: I can't believe I'm reading this on Bit-tech.
    This is modder's mesh. Credit where it's due guys. :eyebrow:

10. khendar

khendar What's a Dremel?

Most forums have a line of code in there somewhere designed to prevent that from happening :eyebrow: Its simply a matter of clearing the POST variables as soon as its submitted. Or something.

Get on it admins :D

11. Kermet

Kermet [custom title]

If it's what I'm thinking off then for the price of an enveloped sized piece posted to you a much larger piece can probably be found locally for much the same price (I know I can and thats in the UK in the middle of nowhere)...