1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Development Anyone have their own webpage?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Nick, 22 Jul 2002.

1. Nick

Nick What's a Dremel?

2. brutal

brutal What's a Dremel?

IM sure it works, but It doesnt seem like the can deliver the kind of visitors that could use your site specifically

3. hk

hk Powered By Duracell

Visitors is one thing, but if they arent relevant to your goods or services being offered then whats the point ?

4. scoob8000

scoob8000 Wheres my plasma cutter?

its not about getting 10,000 visitors, that will prolly never visit your site again, but the 100 or so that become return visitors.. thats all i care about.. the regulars.. that reminds me.. im in need of a massive update.. lol

5. linear

linear Minimodder

That service is a load of bollocks.

What works good is having actual content. Having actual words (gasp) on your site, and lots of them is the top way to get yourself into search engines.

My number one referrer is Google. And it's mainly because of the fact that I have built up tens of thousands of words of content over the last year on my site. Query google for 'case mods' and I'm almost always on the front page, although it varies.

You also want proper syntax, becuase it helps the spiders index you, and as much as possible put your content near the top (rather than navigation or images or goofy flash toys etc.).

Search engine watch is a great site to teach you how to climb the rankings. I spent $0 promoting my site, but I come up in the front page of listings on most majore search engines.

And I'm moving this to prog/dev for further discussion.

6. Nick

Nick What's a Dremel?

That site does provide actual relevant customers. Did you read how they get traffic to come to your site? This is what they said. "What this really is is a collection of over 100 high traffic sites which are geared towards specific categories. We then, with the use of java scripts, obtain the hits from those sites with the use of the best full page pop under technology.

These sites collectively receive millions of visitors each day. By adding your site to this exchange, Trafficforyou exposes you to a landslide of new visitors!" They also said they will guarantee that each visitor will read your page for at least 20 seconds.

7. Nick

Nick What's a Dremel?

So that means that the person actually has to click the advertisement. So they must be interested.

8. linear

linear Minimodder

Well, I'm sitting on the fence between pointing out that it's pretty easy to write a bot that will visit your site a large number of times and asking you to go ahead and report back to us how well it works once you've tried it.

Paying for hits just doesn't work all that well. Have you submitted your site to dmoz? or any/all the other search engines?

9. Alaric

Alaric code assassin

Actually it doesn't mean that... i've highlighted some relevant areasin the quote ^^ ... it uses a popunder javascript... which means that my browser blocks it, ppl with javascript disabled can't see it and anyone can close it before 20seconds is up... nobody clicks anything it's automatic and the kind of thing most ppl hate...

basically its bull**** ... it won't get you any good visitors or make you anymoney