1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone here have expirience with lockpicking?

Discussion in 'General' started by The Savior, 17 Nov 2002.

1. The Savior

The Savior What's a Dremel?

:sigh: I just locked myself out of my room, and my door doesn't have a key. The lock isn't really a security lock, it was just put on the door so the last owner of the house could have some privacy from his kids. Now I need to figgure out a way to get in, preferably without calling a locksmith. Any tips before I go googling for a guide?

2. The Savior

I made an advancement that I hope I'll help me out. I was able to pry the doorstop off enough so that I can get a card or something through the slot and maniplulate the bolt. Unfortunatly, all my cards are in my room and I doubt my parents would be happy if they woke up to me sneaking into their room and taking their credit cards...

3. Digitalblueshift

Digitalblueshift What's a Dremel?

if it is one of theose toggle locks, without a key they usually have a little holein the other side, if you poke through with a coathanger(like ejecting a cd from a shut down CD rom) it pops the lock. If it is a key lock, cal the smith or break a window...

4. delphia

delphia What's a Dremel?

yeah, but for the love of god dont use a real credit card..... odds are it will never work again unless your real careful.

lockpicking in itself is awful hard.

5. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

Lockpicking is indeed really hard

I wanted to buy this kind of "lockpicking set" , but I couldnt cuz my parent didnt trust the site with their visa ....

but anyway

I read some manuals on how it works

and it depens on the lock alot ...

so for starters
    you would need a lockpicking set ...
    and I guess U cant wait 2 weeks ...

but its a lock without a key ??
    I dont know how those work ... i can imagine one , from seeing it on TV .. but dont know how it works

I dunno ... run and jump at it ?

Use your dremel ??

:)

good luck

6. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

Is it one of those evil number locks where you punch in the code and then the clicky bit works....

but I would recommend just kicking the door open, it's likely to be quicker than calling the smith and cheeper too... ring the manufacturer too, there's always some kind of master code to all locks, for occasions like this...

7. bradford010

bradford010 Bradon Frohman

If it's just a simple interior lock you see beneath bedroom door handles, attach something to a piece of string without making it too fat, slide it under the door and pull the string up while jimmying the handle.

The wedge should keep one inside while the tension in the string levers the lock.

And I also know how to get out of handcuffs :worried:

8. Lazy

Lazy Meow?

there used to be a few guides on yahoo :)

9. Alaric

Alaric code assassin

y not just break the door down?

10. Lorquis

<CHANT>

KICK THE DOOR DOWN
    KICK THE DOOR DOWN
    KICK THE DOOR DOWN
    KICK THE DOOR DOWN
    KICK THE DOOR DOWN
    KICK THE DOOR DOWN

</CHANT>

kiiiicckkk eeeetttt

11. howesey

howesey What's a Dremel?

12. TrioMaxwell

TrioMaxwell What's a Dremel?

OK Savior, I think we're actually gonna have to have an edit outta you regarding exactly what kinda lock this is. That'll cut down on all kindsa crap. And let ppl post stuff that may actually help. My own 2¢

- if the lock is the kind where you push the handle in, then there'll be a small hole on the outer side of the handle. Pull apart a BIC pen and shove the back end into the hole, and push. You'll actually be pushing the whole handle back out. A coathanger works too, if you like bending coathangers. (The coathanger has to be the cheap @$$ kind that you get from the dry-cleaners).

- if the lock is one that actually requires a key, then take a small nail file, or a paring knife, or an equally small blade, and jam it in the keyhole. If you're lucky, you'll jam the pins in the "up" position, and force the lock open. (BTW, you'll never be able to use the lock again). If you're unlucky, the tip of the blade will break off, and be stuck in there.

Are we all happy now??! Good.

Sheesh.

13. Iamgoodyy

Iamgoodyy What's a Dremel?

If you can manipulate the bolt and its not a dead bolt, then just get a screw driver or a knife and pry the sucker open. Thats what I always do when I need to get places.

14. SiMonTiST

SiMonTiST Minimodder

If all else fails, cut the bolt with a jigsaw of somtheing...

or drill the lock

(with a DRILL, not a dremel)

15. Lorquis

just kick the bloody door in!

16. The Savior

Thanks for all the input guys! I got it open last night, but was too tired to go and post here. After removing the door stop, I grabbed a hacksaw blade and slowing manipulated the bolt back into the door. After a bit I got it in far enough so that I could open the door, and all was well. In the unlikely event that anyone is still curious about the type of lock, it had a dial on the inside to lock the door, and a keyhole on the other side. There aren't any screws to take off of the outside, and no dummy hole to stick a paper clip in. I really didn't want to bust the door since it was just installed a week ago, although the door is much older. Again, thanks for all the replies! :clap:

17. samuelellis

samuelellis What's a Dremel?

depending on the type of lock

get a smll thin piece of metal & put ti in & turn the lock as far as you can, then get a thinner pece of metal & use it to "comb" the pins, then you cankeep doign that & if you do it long enought you can make all the pins line up & then turn the piece of metal your using to turn the lock & your in

plus this way you can use the lock afterwards