1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Anyone paint over a vinyl sticker???

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Dredog, 26 Jun 2003.

1. Dredog

Dredog What's a Dremel?

Well, I have a black vinyl sticker and I want to put it on my case. However, i also want to paint the black so it blends with the sticker.

My question is if i paint over the edges of the sticker the same time I paint the case will the sticker and case blend seamlessly or will the edge of the sticker be visible???

Thanks in advance!!!

2. Reflex

Reflex What's a Dremel?

think it will depend on how many coats u put on, but i think u will need a fair few coats to make it seamless :worried:

3. Deviate

Deviate What's a Dremel?

I would imagine the edges would be very visible. I had a truck that had pin stripes on the side. When I took it to get it painted the paint shop left the pinstripes on and painted over them. It was very obvious that they were there. So they re-did the painting. :)

Perhaps if you spread a very thin layer of bondo or something first and then sanded it smooth at the same height as the sticker.

4. sirgeoph

sirgeoph What's a Dremel?

one option would be to take a razor and cut the design on the sticker and throw away the black area and just stick the actual image to the case... did that with a sticker on my guitar... square black sticker w/ staic-x logo looked crappy on my blue guitar, so i trimmed around the design and stuck it on my guitar.

5. MagicMikey

MagicMikey What's a Dremel?

Maybe some putty and a good sanding job might do the trick... ;)