1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Anyone playing Warhammer Online

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Veles, 30 Mar 2009.

1. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Been playing the WAR trial for a few hours now, found it to be pretty good fun, not really got into the meat of it or into any RvR so I'm really missing out on what sets it apart from WoW, but right now I'm finding it quite enjoyable. Currently playing a Dwarf Engineer, at rank 4 right now.

Wouldn't mind starting an MMO again, I think it's either this or going back to PotBS, wouldn't mind giving this more of a go, especially since the game can be bought for a tenner in some shops, shame you can't use those codes to add time. I always think playing an MMO with at least 1 other person you know in RL is a big help to having fun grouping on it, at least to start out with, I have a friend who bought the game and enjoyed it but couldn't figure out where to get the time cards from as they seem to be the only way to subscribe.

2. Vimesey

Vimesey What's a Dremel?

If you go to their website, login with your account in the right page you can enter credit card details for subscription stuff.

You do not need the time cards.

3. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Ah that's handy, I'll have to tell him

4. opal

opal Eh?

I'm enjoying the game. The open RvR can be alot of fun along with the scenarios. It all depends on if you manage to scrape together a decent group. I've made about 4 characters in all, ranging from level 20's to 30's, currently playing a Choppa.

It is similar to wow in some aspects, ie its a pretty similar game. But it's alot more pvp focused from what I can gather. I've played wow for quite some time, quitting and coming back a number of times but now I'm done with it. Very bland and boring now. I think Mythic have quite a way to go still as there are a number of issues, but this game is still very young and everybody whines all the time. I do hear that the end game PvP is in need of some sorting out though at the moment.

5. wgy

wgy What's a Dremel?

i purchased the game when it came out, thinking i would love it, get stuck into a mmo world and never play any other games...

i was wrong.

dont get me wrong, it looks nice, good classes, excellent PVP such as the realm wars, i just didnt have any friends online to play with. yes, i could of tried harder to form groups join guilds etc.. but by the time my initial 30days were up, i left it on the shelf.

but now you bring it up, im tempted to play again as Chaos... hmmm. who knows, could enjoy it more this time round....:blush:

6. opal

opal Eh?

I suffered from that issue, and still do really. I know very few people. None of my friends would give it a chance. I just join groups and keep to myself. Best thing is to try to get in a half decent guild and build from there. Just most decent guilds are looking for higher leveled players.

If you ever do reroll give me a shout. Playing on EU Karak-Norn.

7. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

I stopped playing because of the bugs and balance issues. I hear the new patches fixed alot of the issues. What sucks is my guild jumped ahead in gear, so I'm way behind.

40 Swordmaster

8. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

i started playing and then decided mmo's weren't for me. theres a lot of good stuff about this particular mmo i think, its built around PvP which is always going to be more fun. i just think mmo's are generally boring tbh, i'd rather watch my stats climb in TF2!

9. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I have a Squig Herder on Karak-Norn, Ragra, only level 2 so far, does your renown rank carry over from character to character? Reached rank 2 renown with my dorf and when I made my goblin I was at rank 2 still.

10. opal

opal Eh?

It doesn't carry. Add "Azaargh" if you want, I'm on your server and can always give you any tips or help out if you need someone :)

11. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Just got up to the bit where there's the open RvR area, so much to do though, it's a bit overwhelming. I could see myself subscribing but only really if I had a RL friend or 2 with me exploring it together. I don't know why but I find if I don't know anyone I'm playing with in an MMO in real life I lose interest.

Pretty much though, one group of friends isn't really into MMOs, and the other group is busy being level 80