1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music Anyone seen/heard the new DragonForce single?

Discussion in 'General' started by noizdaemon666, 10 Apr 2012.

1. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

I'm not sure how you can call that modern. Every band from the '80s did the 'heavy Highland Jig' thing at least once.

2. Joey Propane

Joey Propane New Member

I thought Dragonforce were like a joke/troll rock band? Ya'know, like Nickelback?

stuartwood89 likes this.
  3. stuartwood89

stuartwood89 Please... Just call me Stu.

You have successfully contributed to my signature sir.

4. Akkatha

Akkatha *SCREECH!* /run away.

I can't see them in the same way since I went drinking with Herman and he was the worlds biggest most pretentious ****** in the world.

The tunes are still a giggle though :)

5. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

[​IMG]

lol

6. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

heard it today...like it much more than than the older albums much more music and not pointless noise...

tempted to buy album....

7. noizdaemon666

Having just got the Power Within album, I must agree with Bindi. Cry Thunder is by far the best song I've so far heard, having listened to half the album.

The first one (Holding On) is pretty poor IMO, the new singer doesn't seem to be singing the same song that the rest are playing. The second one (Fallen World) is just generic power metal, nothing particularly outstanding. [Edit] 3rd up is Cry Thunder which is good IMO. 4th is Give me the Night which is pretty much a faster version of Cry Thunder with different lyrics, fairly decent. I love the beginning of 6 (Wings of Liberty), slow and melodic, then into the faster stuff.Much like Where Dragons Rule (my favourite DragonForce song). I revise my earlier staement of Cry Thunder being the best on the album, I think Wings of Liberty is. Much more singer oriented than shredding the hell out of everything. 7th is Seasons which sounds very much like another song they've done with ZP, but I can't remember the name. It's an excellent song though, basically all lyrics and the solos aren't too OTT.[/edit]

Unless you're a diehard DragonForce fan, I'd probably go find a new band to listen to. And unless you get your music free (legally) like I do, I wouldn't purchase the album*.

It's actually better than I first gave it credit for. A fair few decent songs on it, though they have put alternative versions on for two of the songs, an acoustic and a live rehearsal of Cry Thunder. Some padding going on there I think.

*This statement may change once I've heard the full album

Last edited: 16 Apr 2012
  8. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Funny you should say that. A Mate of mine was officially part of DF (for a day - he moved to the UK with ZP from SA to do music professionally back then) before he had a massive fight with Herman... and he says the exact same thing...

9. RinSewand

RinSewand New Member

Does everyone know them? Not a huge fan but my housemate was running the centre spotlight in that video, filmed near here too!

10. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

I was never a big fan of dragonforce everything was too "lets throw my guitar in the air while playing the solo with my teeth" i've never been a big fan of the genre i guess you can take fromt hat.

However the new singer is very good! alot better, I watched a video of them at download and the old singer was really really bad.

11. noizdaemon666

ZP Theart was the epitome of studio singers lol I have their Twilight Dementia album which is live and good God is it bad. Thank Christ I didn't pay for it otherwise it would have gone back.

I mentioned a few posts ago that the Powe Within has a "live" rehearsal of Cry Thunder on it. I'm not overly sure how "live" it is, the guitar playing doesn't sound that different to the full Cry Thunder in the video apart from them cutting 3 minutes from it. I think some studio "magic" may have come into play a little bit lol